Experience everything that ‘The Big Easy’ has to offer on this unique total day tour. Dig into the delicious flavors that make New Orleans one of the USA’s top foodie destinations, enjoy some classy cocktails in the famous French Quarter and hear all about the origins of jazz before visiting a few of our favorite local jazz clubs. By the end of this all-encompassing tour, you’ll be hooked on gin and jazz and a bona fide expert on North America’s Mardi Gras city!
This tour is a combination of three of our most popular tours, the New Orleans Food Tour, the New Orleans Cocktail Tour and the New Orleans Jazz Tour
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Orleans Urban Adventures, 3014 Dauphine St Suite 1770, New Orleans, LA 70112-1221
Your New Orleans Total Day Tour starts where it all began, on the banks of the Mississippi River. From here, you’ll witness the lifeblood of this region which brought new cultures, new influences and new ingredients to the USA through its ports. As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To wake up your taste buds, we’ll indulge in New Orleans’ most iconic breakfast pastry, the beignet.
Duration: 9 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
Next we will head to The French Market, the site of America’s oldest public market and then on to the picturesque streets of the French Quarter where your guide will take you to some of their favorite palate-pleasing spots. You’ll sample both a classic dish, as well as a delicacy that you’ve probably never seen outside Cajun country. You’ll then have the chance to try a dish that sparks more controversy amongst chefs than any other in New Orleans: gumbo. We’ll also indulge in a sweet treat made from locally grown sugarcane and the region’s abundant pecans.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
There will then be an opportunity to have a coffee or do some souvenir shopping in the French Quarter with your guide before we take a short walk to Jackson Square, where we’ll begin the cocktail portion of your total day tour! We will be going beyond the tourist trail to show you what really makes New Orleans cocktail culture unique.
For our first cocktail stop we will travel back to the 1700s and visit a bar which used to entertain some of the most eccentric characters in New Orleans history. We will taste a famous drink of the city and learn how it has influenced New Orleans drinking culture today. We will then visit one of your guide’s favorite bars and taste a drink so good you’ll forget there’s alcohol in it.
Next up, we will sample the ‘official cocktail of New Orleans’: the Sazerac. One of the first cocktails ever invented, it’s definitely tasty enough to stand the test of time. Our final cocktail stop will be at one of the classiest establishments in town to try one of the city’s most esteemed drinks, the Ramos Gin Fizz. After your first sip, you’ll truly understand why New Orleans has been called, “the cradle of civilized drinking.”
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
There will be an opportunity to rest your feet or grab a bite to eat before the jazz portion of the tour begins. Then we’ll head over to the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Frenchmen Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
From here, we will make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, a hip nightlife area that’s home to the famous Frenchmen Street. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops.
Your total day tour ends at the nightly art market, another lively spot where the city’s artists show off their best work, from handmade sculptures to local photography.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour features visits to establishments that are not always able to cater for vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Discounts are available and your guide can assist you with recommendations on where to purchase alternative diet-friendly food during the tour.
- Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food samples
- Five cocktail samples
- Small snack
- Food options and portion sizes vary — the total amount of food included will be equal to a full meal. Cocktail portions vary throughout the tour.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - New Orleans Urban Adventures
- Additional drinks, food
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians
700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
619 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.