What You'll Get
Eat and drink your way through New York’s prohibition era on this 3-hour combination pub crawl/walking tour. These are not modern day speakeasy-themed cocktail bars, but actual former speakeasies where mobsters hung out and drank illegally almost a century ago, with plenty of history attached to them.
Visit four original speakeasy bars throughout New York’s Lower East Side. Two of the locations are hidden; two are not. At least one is haunted. Between stops you’ll learn about immigrant history, speakeasies, gangsters, prohibition-era culture, politics, and organized crime in America.
This tour includes 3 drinks, plus veal meatballs and avocado bruschetta appetizer per person.
Dress requirement: Casual but neat. No baseball hats, sloppy ripped jeans, flip flops, team jerseys or white undershirts. One of the bars has a strict no fur policy, including fur collars. The tour spans about 3 miles so wear comfortable shoes.
Please note: For tours Sunday through Thursday, you must be 21 years of age; For tours on Friday and Saturday, you must be 25 years of age due to bar requirements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be at least 21 years of age for Sunday to Thursday crawl
- Must be at least 25 years of age to attend crawls on Friday and Saturday due to bar requirements
- Dress code is casual but neat; no baseball hats, sloppy ripped jeans, flip flops, team jerseys, or white undershirts; One of the bars has a strict no fur policy, including fur collars
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough people to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; The tour spans approximately 2 or 3 miles
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Substitutions of the veal meatballs for vegetarians and vegans can be accommodated but substitutions for any other food allergies/preferences (nut free/dairy free/gluten-free/etc) cannot be accommodated
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A photo ID is required on the day of the tour
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- 3 drinks
- Veal meatballs and avocado bruschetta appetizer
- 4 stops at former speakeasies
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Tomkins Square Park
Concludes at a bar on E. 4th St
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Crawls LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.