Join a pub crawl at the Crossroads of the World and learn about Prohibition and it’s effects on world-famous Times Square. In 1910‘s, Times Square was the new entertainment center of New York. The legitimate theater industry was moving in. Fancy restaurants called lobster palaces were in vogue. Illegal casinos would be opening up. Prostitution would spill north from the Tenderloin district. And then the most dramatic change would occur–-Prohibition. On this three-hour pub crawl, see the locations of where New York’s underworld held court during the Great Experiment. Visit a hotel dubbed the Country Club of 42nd Street. Drink where the Broadway stars and fans had dined for a generation. Hit a swanky bar located in a famous Art Deco hotel. Step into a famous deli where a visionary gangster funded the vice that made Times Square the epicenter of 1920’s New York Jazz Age. All this and more on this boozy pub crawl at the Crossroads of the World.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duffy Square, Between 45th and 47th Streets, Broadway and Seventh Avenue, New York City, NY 10036
Magnificent view of Times Square from Duffy Square, our starting point on the tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Times Square, Broadway, New York City, NY 10036
The center of the universe!
Pass By: Broadway Theatre, 1681 Broadway, New York City, NY 10019-5827
The lights and magnificence of one of the great gems of New York City, it’s legitimate theaters better known as Broadway.
Pass By: Shubert Theatre, 225 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036-3964
Pass By: Algonquin Hotel, 59 W 44th St, New York City, NY 10036-6638
Famous hotel on Club Row
Pass By: 42nd Street, New York City, NY
The main artery of Times Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Alcoholic Beverages - One complimentary craft cocktail.
- Entry/Admission - Duffy Square
- Hotel pickup
Father Duffy Square, 7th Ave &, W 47th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Village Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.