Come join the crew aboard the Tammy Jane for a 2-hour educational and picturesque low-country experience as we take you out Crabbing! We invite you to learn about our healthy salt marsh environment, and introduce you to some of the sea creatures we’ll safely pull up our commercial crabbing pots. We will explore how various ecosystems intertwine to create the rich food web that provides food for our tables. This is a unique opportunity for guests of all ages! If we do catch carbs aboard an expedition the crew will package some up for guests to take home.
What You'll Get
The Tammy Jane departs from Harbour Town Yacht Basin just below the Lighthouse. The Tammy Jane has paired up with the University of South Carolina Beaufort Campus and their Marine Science program over the past three years to provide guests an opportunity to learn from students enrolled in the Coastal Ecology program who are active crew members aboard the Tammy Jane. This has been a great partnership for the Tammy Jane and the University allowing us to provided an educational experiences aboard each trip.
All trips are 2-hours in length. The Tammy Jane crew will teach guests the inner workings behind a commercial crabbing pot, and will teach guests how to properly bait a pot. We will then deploy baited pots from the Tammy Jane. After the baited pots have been deployed the Tammy Jane will make her way to crab pot locations that have already been dropped on previous days. The crew will then teach guests how the vessel will pull these pots up, and will dump the catch out on the sorting table.
Aboard you will learn about every sea creature the Tammy Jane may pull up. You will also learn about the life cycle of our local crabs, and find out what the requirements by law are to keep your catch. This trip is great for all ages!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- 2 hour educational cruise
- Picturesque views of the low country
- Possible dolphin sightings
- Live narration and instruction by the Tammy Jane crew
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase
- A shaded canopy
- Possible crabs to keep (not guaranteed)
- 8 Sea Pines Resort entrance fees
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Vagabond Cruise in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.