Hop aboard the Verde Canyon Railroad for a 4-hour rail journey through the untouched and unspoiled Verde Valley. With first class seating, you will enjoy unobstructed views of Arizona’s geological wonders, wildlife, and archaeological finds of the ancient Sinagua people who once lived in the area.
About This Deal
Make your way to the Verde Canyon Railroad Train Depot in Clarkdale, Arizona, not far from Sedona, to begin your Verde Canyon Railroad adventure.
This rail adventure offers a wilderness train ride through the remote Verde Canyon which is known for its picturesque setting and abundant wildlife. Though it’s possible to hike in the canyon, by far the easiest way to experience it is by riding this scenic wilderness train.
The train is made up of exquisitely-renovated passenger coaches and open-air viewing cars pulled by vintage locomotives and travels a route along the Verde River between Clarkdale and Perkinsville. After embarking from the Clarkdale depot, sit back for a 4-hour, 40-mile round trip that includes views of historic mining sites, geological wonders, Sinagua Indian cliff dwellings and wildlife from bald eagles to antelope.
You will remain spellbound as your vintage carriages cross an expansive railway bridge embedded in basalt cliffs, glide through a covered bridge opening the gateway to Perkinsville, or experience daylight retreating in the 680-foot manmade tunnel, all odes to that same bygone era. Two FP7 locomotives, only two of 10 remaining in North America, are the muscle that powers the newly-renovated passenger cars.
Indoor cars are climate-controlled with restrooms and the train meets ADA requirements. Your first class cabins feature panoramic windows in a living room-style atmosphere of comfortable love seats or bistro-style chair-and-table seating near panoramic windows. Enjoy a champagne toast upon boarding, a variety of complimentary appetizers reflecting the southwest region and full-service cash bars featuring premium liquors and beverage service at your seat. With comfortable seating indoors and access to high-backed benches on the adjoining open-air cars, it is like getting two seats for the price of one.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- First class seating
- Champagne toast
- Entry/Admission - Verde Canyon Railroad
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Verde Canyon Railroad, 300 N Broadway, Clarkdale, AZ 86324, USA
Returns to original departure point
A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Verde Canyon Railroad in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
A paper voucher is required to redeem this service. Please bring your printed voucher with you to this activity.This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.