This 2.5-hour tour is specifically designed for cruise ship guests arriving to Victoria, BC, Canada. It includes easy and convenient pick up directly at the cruise ship terminal in Victoria and guaranteed on time return to the terminal from your local guide. Early morning and evening arrivals tour start times are also available. Fall in love with the city by seeing its beauty, charm and friendly character.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Your 2.5-hour tour starts at the cruise ship terminal. There are two piers for ships to dock at and your guide is licensed and permitted to be at both. As you exit the terminal building, you'll see your pedicab and your tour guide. Your guide will be holding a sign with the last name of the lead traveler.
Your guide will make introductions with your group, offer blankets for your comfort (please bring extra sweaters of jackets—Victoria can be cool even in the summer) and, of course, teach you the royal wave as you pass envious onlookers on the way out of the terminal.
Begin with a short trek along the gorgeous coastline, and see some of the natural features and what lies underneath the ocean surface. Enter one of Victoria’s oldest and friendliest neighborhoods—James Bay. You will see some of loveliest homes and gardens in town. Many of the homes were hand built and conform to the city’s heritage status bylaws by keeping the original character and colors of the 19th century. As you roll through the community, a stop can be made at the oldest local grocer in town and supplier of arguably the best coffee and tea in town.
Travel on bicycle paths and quiet lanes as you meander through Beacon Hill Park—the city’s green jewel. It features many gardens and flowering shrubs and trees including the Sun Dial Garden where more wedding photos are shot in town than anywhere else. The peacocks will respond to the Pavlovian ring of the bicycle bell and will greet you in exchange for some organic barley seeds. Ask your guide to point out the Bald Eagle’s nest and take advantage of a photo op when you cross the medieval stone bridge.
Leave the bliss of the park and enter into the spectacular inner harbour which includes the Legislative Buildings and the famous Empress Hotel. Then, head to the historic downtown core. The city comes alive when ships are in town and very often there will be street performers at every block. Pass by many shops that are preserved in their original Victorian character and very wide sidewalks allow opportunities to stop, take pictures or even venture in for a closer look. In a few blocks, the crowds will thin and you will experience the heart of Old Town and China Town. This is some of downtown Victoria’s best locations and yet most visitors do not venture this far to experience it.
The tour eventually returns to the inner harbour. Return to the ship, or, if you choose to stay in town for awhile your guide can easily explain how to find a taxi to return or make the 30-35 minute walk to the pier with an included map and drawn directions. For those who opt to return to the ship with, you will pass through the harbour. You also have the opportunity to extend your tour and enjoy the city’s hospitality a while longer.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know of any departure time you would like. Otherwise, your pedicab(s) and guide(s) will be waiting for you and your party as the cruise ship begins unloading passengers.This tour is 2.5 hours in duration
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please note, disembarkation from the ship typically takes 30 to 60 minutes after the cruise ship ties into pier.
- All ships arriving in Victoria including evening arrivals, will be received
- Your reserved tour operator will be waiting to greet your party when you exit the terminal doors
- Please note that if your cruise cannot dock due to poor weather or other reasons a full refund is provided on your reservation
- A minimum of 2 people is required at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
Victoria Cruise Ship Terminals A and B
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Victoria Pedicab Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.