How did Sacramento come to be California's capital city?
What was the city's founder, a Swiss named Johann Sutter, doing here in what once was Spanish territory?
How did his efforts to expand a fort here at the confluence of two rivers lead to the discovery of gold and the rush to come get it?
Learn the answers and more by taking this 2-hour self-guided GPS tour by bicycle. Bikes can be rented in Old Sacramento at Practical Cycle. Also, at bike racks throughout the city from a bike share program lock them if you leave them. The tour departs and finishes at the Capitol, stopping along the way at markers and structures that tell us about the founding of this city and the Gold Rush of 1849.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: California State Capitol Museum, 1315 10th St Room B-27, Sacramento, CA 95814-4905
The California State Capitol Museum consists of a museum in and grounds around the California State Capitol in Sacramento, California, USA. The building has been the home of the California State Legislature since 1869. The State Capitol Museum has been a property in the California State Parks system since 1982.
Pass By: Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park, 2701 L St, Sacramento, CA 95816-5613
After successfully petitioning the Mexican territorial government for a land grant, John Sutter built a fort in 1839. He did not know what to expect from the natives in the area so he built a protective fort with walls 16 feet high and 3 feet thick.
Pass By: California State Indian Museum, 2618 K St, Sacramento, CA 95816-5104
The California State Indian Museum is a museum in the state park system of California, United States, interpreting the diverse cultures of the indigenous peoples of California.
Pass By: California State Railroad Museum, 125 I St, Sacramento, CA 95814-2204
The California State Railroad Museum is a museum in the state park system of California, USA, interpreting the role of the "iron horse" in connecting California to the rest of the nation. It is located in Old Sacramento at 111 I Street.
Pass By: Theodore Judah Monument, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
In Sacramento history Theodore Judah, engineer of the Sacramento Valley RR and prime mover of the Transcontinental RR project, ranks as the number two man in vision and importance -- and yet he has faded from history.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to California Gold Rush: the Sacramento Grid by Bicycle tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Smartphone and headphones
- Transportation including the bicycle
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
1305 10th St, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/4/2019 - 10/20/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.