The Haight-Ashbury is San Francisco's most colorful neighborhood! It's even more spectacular when viewed through the filter of synesthesia, a rare neurological condition that fuses one's senses. Synesthetes experience sensations such as colored music and flavored words. You'll feel the Haight-Ashbury from a synesthetic perspective as we explore this historic district on a self-guided GPS audio tour.
Our route will take us along vibrant Haight Street, past landmarks important to the 1967 "Summer of Love" and San Francisco's dynamic music scene. Then, we will stroll through lush Golden Gate Park to a post-modern observation tower nine stories above the city streets. Please join me for a fascinating walk through the hippy epicenter of 1960s counter-culture, the Haight-Ashbury!
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
Haight-Ashbury has an old hippie vibe to it and is popular with those seeking to relive their misspent bohemian youth. Upper Haight Street has an interesting mix of dive bars and casual restaurants, vintage clothing shops, record stores and bookshops.
Haight-Ashbury borders the famous Golden Gate Park, and has a variety of colorful Victorian homes which includes the Grateful Dead House. See the neighborhood's best sights and hear her hidden stories with entirely new senses in this audio tour from synesthetic author CC Hart.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to Syn City SF: The Haight-Ashbury tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
730 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2021 - 12/8/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
1 hour 30 minutes
50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.