Who says history has to be boring? Enjoy this saucy self guided audio tour of the historic Ballard neighborhood from a veteran tour guide who has heard all the great stories.
I fell in love with Ballard the first time I was introduced to it – so much so that I stayed in Seattle, learning about the city. That was over 14 years ago now! Find out for yourself why this charming city of salmon, coffee and music is so magical.
Some of the highlights that I cover on the tour:
• A brief introduction to Seattle's early history
• Bergen Place and its Scandinavian Connection
• How Ballard was annexed by the City of Seattle
• What "Snoose Junction" was
Whether you've lived here all your life, are visiting for the first time – or anything in between – this tour is for you. You’ll find so much of the history of this quirky 19th century boomtown on Ballard Avenue. It’s an authentic slice of Seattle, with some of its most iconic buildings and establishments. Let’s take a stroll down it together.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tractor Tavern, 5213 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107-4809
The tour passes by the Tractor Tavern.
Pass By: Hattie's Hat, 5231 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107-4809
The tour passes by Hattie's Hat.
Pass By: Bastille Cafe & Bar, 5307 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
The tour passes by Bastille Cafe & Bar.
Pass By: Little Tin Goods & Apothecary Cabinet, 5335 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
The tour passes by Little Tin Goods & Apothecary Cabinet.
Pass By: Ballard Farmer's Market, Ballard Ave Between 20th & 22nd, Seattle, WA
The tour passes by Ballard Sunday Farmer's Market.
Pass By: Bergen Place Park, 5420 22nd Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107-4007
The tour stops briefly in Bergen Place.
Pass By: Vera's Pizza and Bar, 5417 22nd Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
The tour passes by Vera's Pizza and Bar.
Pass By: Marvin's Garden, 5400 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107-4028
The tour passes by Marvin's Garden.
Pass By: La Carta De Oaxaca, 5431 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
The tour passes by La Carta de Oaxaca.
Pass By: The Ballard Smoke Shop, 5439 Ballard Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107-4052
The tour passes by The Ballard Smoke Shop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
5000 20th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 10/19/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
30 to 45 minutes
Ocho, 2325 NW Market St, Seattle, WA 98107, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the VoiceMap in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.