Join the stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) trend when you're in Asheville. As you paddle along the mellow, Class I waters of the French Broad River, you'll take in the historical and scenic atmosphere of the heart of Asheville's burgeoning downtown. Board, paddle, booties, and a dry bag are provided. When booking, select a sunrise, mid-morning, mid-afternoon, or sunset tour.
About This Deal
Enjoy a 4-mile, guided paddleboard trip down the French Broad River in Asheville. Get local history from a professional guide who will also teach you the strokes and technique for navigating your way down the river. All tours are private--so no paddling as part of a group--and the wide, stable, comfortable boards create an easy, user-friendly experience that first time paddlers can enjoy.
Over the course of the 4-mile tour you'll pass through parkland, forests, and streams while keeping an eye out for local wildlife such as herons, turtles, and deer. See where the Swannanoa River meets up with the mighty, meandering French Broad, which is one of the oldest rivers in the world, as it weaves through the Appalachian Mountains.
Your tour finishes in the River Arts District within walking distance of breweries, restaurants, artisan studios and shops.
• French Broad River, NC
• Wai Mauna Asheville SUP Tours, 192 Riverside Dr, Asheville, NC 28801-3137
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2-guests per booking.
- There is maximum weight limit of 260 lbs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Suitable for ages 10 years and up
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks are required for the shuttle ride up the river, and shuttle capacity has been reduced to accommodate spacing between guests.
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wai Mauna SUP Tours, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.