Looking for something new and different to do with the family this summer? Grab a paddle and hop aboard an inflatable, 17-foot (5.1 meters) paddleboard for your 4-mile tour on the French Broad River. Your private group will work together to navigate the craft down the river with a guide on the back of your board who will help with directions and steering. You will also hear stories of Asheville's history and get the chance to spot local wildlife on the banks of the French Broad River. This tour accommodates up to 6 passengers.
Your paddleboard tour begins and ends at a central location in Asheville.
What You'll Get
Choose from 3 depart times to meet your guide in Asheville's River Arts District for a 10-minute shuttle up the river. You will enjoy a narrated tour of West Asheville on the drive to Hominy Creek, where you will be fitted with a life jacket, grab your paddle, and choose who is going to stand where on the board before setting out for your adventure.
Over the course of your 4-mile tour you will paddle beneath bridges, squeeze between rocks, and learn how to keep the board pointed straight while your guide helps steer from the back. You will definitely be the talk of the river as you pass by kayakers and tubers. Be sure to keep an eye out for native wildlife such as turtles, herons, beavers, otters, ducks, deer and black bears.
Your paddleboard raft is wide and stable, easy for first time paddlers, and can accommodate anywhere from 3-6 paddlers depending on the size of your group.
Your paddleboard tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Instant Confirmation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- It is recommended that you bring the following: swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses, waterproof camera, and change of dry clothes that you can leave in your car so you can change at the end of the tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Use of all equipment (paddleboard, paddle, personal flotation device, leash, river booties, and dry bag)
- Professional guide
- Shuttle to launch point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and beverages
- Towels and sun protection
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wai Mauna Asheville SUP Tours, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.