Our tour guide, Barry, has studied and experienced this fascinating area of San Francisco extensively and has tremendous passion for it. We will relive 1967, the Summer of Love and the heart of the hippie movement. Among other highlights in this fascinating historical, artistic and cultural journey, we will visit the homes of, and explore the lives of, many rock legends, including The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix.
But the Haight has so much more to explore. We’ll learn about Golden Gate Park, the history of baseball in Haight-Ashbury, and the many famous (and infamous) people who have lived here. And, of course, what would a tour of Haight be without visiting several “Painted Ladies” (San Francisco style Victorian homes) and discussing what makes them so charming?
Throw in a brief but fascinating history of Haight-Ashbury, and you’ll have an experience to tell your friends about when you go home. You may even find yourself saying words like “groovy”.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haight-Ashbury, Haight Street between Masonic and Stanyan, San Francisco, CA 94117
Our guide will meet you at the starting point, accompany you throughout the walking tour, and provide an interactive experience that will help you learn about and enjoy the history, culture, art, music and architecture of the area.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private Tour Guide
1081 Fulton St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Walk The Haight in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.