Our “Taste of Canyon Road Tour” introduces visitors to Santa Fe’s famous Canyon Road through its art, architecture, history, and food. We explore this beautiful and historically rich street by foot, learning how the neighborhood has transformed since the 1600s from a sleepy Spanish farming community to its current status as one of the country’s largest and best-known art markets. We’ll learn how Santa Fe got its start as a famous art colony in the early 20th century, and discuss how the city’s art scene is growing and evolving today. Along the way, we’ll sample food & drink from Canyon Road’s diverse set of restaurants - from traditional New Mexican flavors to innovative new cuisine. Like all of our tours, what brings this tour to life is the stories behind the food & drink establishments that we visit.
What You'll Get
Meet at 2pm at the northeast corner of Paseo de Peralta and Canyon Road (in front of the famous "Canyon Road" sign). Over the course of the tour, you'll walk approximately two miles while enjoying a progressive three-course meal spread across three different restaurant stops.
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE IN GOOD WALKING CONDITION as sidewalks are narrow and pavement along Canyon Road is often uneven.
Food and wine stops on this tour may include (please note each tour includes three food stops, below are examples from previous tours):
• Wine and cheese at Café des Artistes
• Chef's choice with sommelier paired wines and cocktails at El Farol
• Contemporary Persian cuisine at Milad Persian Bistro
• Decadent homemade desserts and exotic teas at The TeahouseArt galleries that we visit may include (two galleries per tour):
• NuArt Contemporary
• Bindlestick Studio
• Sage Creek GalleryHistorical and cultural sights you will see include:
• Canyon Road (of course!)
• Acequia Madre, Santa Fe's historic irrigation system still used today
• El Zaguan House (historic home dating from early 1800s; currently home to the Historic Santa Fe Foundation)
• Olive Rush Studio (former home of pioneer female artist, on the Historic Santa Fe Foundation Register of Historic Properties)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a walking tour. Moderate amount of walking required -- tour is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long, but spread out between several sit down stops
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- It is recommended that you eat a light lunch the day of the tour; enough food is served on the tour that it should be sufficient to replace dinner.
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol
- Locations visited are subject to change
- Child policy: if you are bringing children under the age of seven they do not require tickets. The walking route for this tour can be difficult with strollers as sidewalks are narrow and often uneven. Please bear in mind there is good deal of walking and listening involved, and some younger children may lose interest. While our tours are experience based and highly engaging, the content is not specifically geared towards children. At this time we are also unable to offer "kids menu" food items
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please advise if non-alcoholic drinks are requested at the time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Fun and knowledgeable local guide
- Three course dinner with wine pairings
- Wander New Mexico's Pocket Guide to Santa Fe (a handy map of the area with recommendations)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pick up and drop off
1: Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe, 828 Paseo De Peralta, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA
2: 201 Canyon Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA
Milad Persian Bistro, 802 Canyon Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wander New Mexico in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.