As the sixth-largest Cathedral in the World, Washington National Cathedral serves as a House of Prayer for all people and a Spiritual Home for the Nation. Walk through on your own, or if available, listen to fascinating Stories on a 30-45 minute guided tour with a docent. Explore exquisite Stained Glass, thousands of Gargoyles and Grotesques and other items that tell our Story as a Nation.
What You'll Get
Visit: Washington National Cathedral, 3101 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20016-5000
President Theodore Roosevelt witnessed the laying of the Cathedral’s foundation Stone in 1907, 83 years later, President George H.W. Bush attended its completion in 1990. Every visitor to our Nation's Capital is encouraged to explore the must-see details of the Cathedral’s Dramatic Art and Architecture, including:
• Exquisite stained glass windows and statues, showing sacred events connecting humanity with the divine, as well as a celebration of our nation's proud history
• The Canterbury Pulpit, which has featured speakers including U.S. presidents, evangelist Billy Graham and the Dalai Lama, and is where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his final Sunday sermon
• President Woodrow Wilson’s Tomb, which features a crusader’s sword to symbolize his valiant battle for peace following World War, as well as stained glass windows commemorating his life
• The Space Window, a stained glass window that includes a moon rock presented to the Cathedral by Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong and Michael Collins
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- As a living and active community of faith, the Cathedral’s schedule and ability to welcome visitors are subject to unexpected changes. When planning your visit, it's your responsibility to check our touring interruptions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Self-guided brochures are available at the Welcome Desk.
- Entry/Admission - Washington National Cathedral
- An audio tour may be purchased at the Cathedral (subject to availability) at an additional charge
- Parking fee
1 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Washington National Cathedral in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.