Confused by all the dials and menus of your camera? Would you like to get away from "auto" and learn to use all the features of your camera when you travel? This Washington DC photography workshop with a professional photographer provides tips on architectural and travel photography, outdoor portraiture, and interior photography without flash, while taking in DC's most popular monuments and historic buildings. Choose from a half-day or full-day session on this small-group tour, limited to eight to ensure a quality learning experience.
About This Deal
Your half- or full-day Washington DC photo safari begins in the morning with a 45-minute orientation. Learn essential tips for capturing the best possible qualities in a photo, including aesthetic principles like composition and lighting. Master your shutter speed , F-stop , white balance and ISO settings with the assistance of your expert instructor, who will also provide hands-on guidance on candid portraits, landscape and travel photography.. You will earn how to get off of the "Auto" setting to use ALL the features of your camera, a very valuable skill to have before your next vacation.
Whether you’re a novice or expert, these tips will help make great photos even better. Novices appreciate the guidance on camera use. Intermediate and advanced photographers will appreciate the instructor's know;edge of all the best photo op sites in DC, camera angles and times of day for shooting as well as historic information on the monuments themselves.
This is our most popular tour, highly rated with 5-star reviews and annual Certificates of Excellence on Trip Advisor
Half-day option: After your informative orientation, set out for the enchanting sights of Washington DC to test your new skills with your guide. Capture the morning light hitting the White House and Lafayette Park. Try snapping experimental angles of the the Albert Einstein Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and Vietnam Three Servicemen and the Korean war Veterans Memorials. Take some action shots of Union Station as it gets busy right before lunch time and learn how to have your camera make all the moving people in the station disappear.! After the half day photo workshop ends, continue with your new knowledge on your own photo safari.
Full-day option: This option includes the same morning session as above, but after lunch at Union Station (own expense), continue to even more sights to hone your new skills. Drive to the beautiful US Botanic Gardens to capture flowers and plants in a greenhouse, and photograph the adjoining US Capitol building in the afternoon sun. The tour then goes on to the colorful and architecturally diverse Adams-Morgan neighborhood, as you try your hand at abstract photography. Continue on to the magnificent Washington National Cathedral, sixth largest cathedral in the world and one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture anywhere in the US. Here, you will learn how to photograph stained-glass windows and church interiors and exteriors. The instructor will then drive you to the nearby Tenleytown Metro station On the Red Line.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- There will be a 45-minute lunch break at Union Station (food and beverages are not included in price)
- Tours depart in all weather conditions
- There is a considerable amount of walking during this tour, and guests must be able to independently walk around the monuments and near the White House
- Please include a contact phone number in the event the tour is canceled due to inclement weather Please include a contact phone number in the event the tour is canceled due to inclement weather
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation between locations
- Instruction materials on travel photography
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup ad drop off
1661 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
3 days 3 hours
Massachusetts Avenue Northeast, Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Washington Photo Safari in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.