Ride the Ocean Warrior, one of the fastest boats on the Big Island, for a 2.5 hour snorkeling trip to beautiful Kealakekua Bay. Getting there twice as fast means more time in the water at one of the top marine preserves in Hawaii where green sea turtles, colorful tropical fish, and corals call home. Hawaiian spinner dolphins can also sometimes be found enjoying the calm waters of the bay. Light snacks and assorted cold beverages are provided to refuel you for the thrilling ride back to Honokohau Harbor. The fastest and most maneuverable boat of the US Navy will hug the shoreline to give you an up-close look at the sea caves, lava tubes, and incredible rock formations created over time by the pounding waves.
What You'll Get
At 2.5 hours long, this snorkeling tour is not too short, not too long, but just right. The Ocean Warrior departs Honokohau Harbor at 2:00 p.m. and sets out for Kealakekua Bay, site of the famous Captain Cook Monument. The crew will share their knowledge of the area, including the historical background of this marine life conservation district. The calm waters of the pristine bay make for great snorkeling and some of the marine life you’ll see include Hawaiian green sea turtles, diverse corals, and an abundance of colorful tropical fish. Hawaiian spinner dolphins are also commonly seen inside the bay.
Speed, excitement, and thrills make up the return trip to the harbor. Make sure you hold on as the Captain demonstrates the sheer power and maneuverability of the Ocean Warrior as it hugs the shoreline and accelerates past lava tubes, sea caves, and rock formations on the way back to Honokohau Harbor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. If there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Unable to accommodate guests who have neck or back problems, heart conditions, have had major surgery in the last 6 months, are currently pregnant, or weigh more than 280 pounds.
- All guests must be at least 4 ft. tall. and must be able to climb a vertical ladder to exit/enter the water.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Assorted beverages and snacks
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, snorkeling vest, kickboards)
- Experienced Dive Guide to accompany you into the water
- Bottled water
Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kalaoa, HI 96740, USA
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.