Come aboard the Ocean Warrior, a Navy Seal vessel with the distinction of being one of the fastest boats on the island. Depart Honokohau Harbor and begin this 4-hour experience with an offshore ocean journey that may include once-in-a-lifetime encounters with pilot whales, sharks, mantas, and dolphins. Then head back closer to shore and let the captain take you to the best spot for the morning to enjoy some snorkeling. Light snacks, fresh fruit, and cold beverages will be waiting for you when you return to the boat. On the return trip back to the harbor, hold on tight and get ready for some thrilling maneuvers as the captain shows you exactly what the Ocean Warrior is capable of doing.
What You'll Get
Check-in at Honokohau Harbor begins at 8:45 a.m. The 4-hour adventure begins when the Ocean Warrior departs at 9:00 a.m. and heads out to the deep blue waters of the Kona coast to look for large marine life, such as white-tipped reef sharks, hammerhead sharks, whales, and dolphins. Learn about these creatures from an experienced guide who will lead you into the water for your encounter. Please note that encounters are responsibly done in pairs or very small groups to minimize any impact on the marine life.
After the ocean safari portion of the tour, enjoy the waters closer to shore as the captain chooses the most ideal spot based on the morning's conditions. Snorkeling sites may include secluded coves and remote beaches. Refresh yourself after your hour of snorkeling with fresh fruit, snacks, and a selection of fruit juices and bottled water.
The exciting ride back provides an opportunity to view the Kona coastline from a different perspective. Get a closer look at the sea caves, lava tubes, and other rock formations that make up the unique Kona coast on the trip back to the harbor. And be ready to experience maneuvers in a boat you never thought possible, including some of the quickest 180 degree turns and complete stops you’ll ever experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. If there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Unable to accommodate guests who have neck or back problems, heart conditions, have had major surgery in the last 6 months, are currently pregnant, or weigh more than 280 pounds.
- All guests must be at least 4 ft. tall. and must be able to climb a vertical ladder to exit/enter the water.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Assorted beverages and snacks
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins, snorkeling vest, kickboards)
- Experienced Dive Guide to accompany you into the water
- Bottled water
Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kalaoa, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.