See what happens after the sun goes down and the lightboards come on in the warm waters off the Kona coast. With just a quick 20 minute trip from Honokohau Harbor on the Ocean Warrior, you’re transported to a magical spot where the water comes alive with Kona’s gentle giants, the manta rays. A large lightboard that comfortably accommodates up to 10 snorkelers max will attract all the plankton necessary to call the mantas to the surface for their own special dinner buffet. This two hour tour departs shortly before sunset. A wetsuit rental is included in the tour but don’t forget to bring an extra towel or a jacket for the trip back. Refreshments are provided, including delicious hot cocoa that will help warm you up after your time with the mantas in the water is over.
What You'll Get
Check in for your tour at Honokohau Harbor. After changing into your wetsuit, a quick briefing by the crew will familiarize you with safety guidelines for your snorkeling experience. A super fast 20-minute ride will take you to gathering place for the mantas. A guide will accompany you into the water and bring you to the best spot to view the mantas. A special lightboard provides you with something to hold onto while you float at the surface and watch as the gentle mantas do their barrel rolls to feed on the plankton that are attracted to the lights.
Complete snorkeling gear is provided, including a wetsuit rental to help keep you warm. Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture memories of this surreal experience. Warm up on the boat with some hot cocoa before heading back to Honokohau Harbor aboard the only Navy Seal boat on the island.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. If there are not enough passengers to meet minimum requirements, you will be contacted and offered an alternative date or full refund.
- Unable to accommodate guests who have neck or back problems, heart conditions, have had major surgery in the last 6 months, are currently pregnant, or weigh more than 280 pounds.
- All guests must be at least 4 ft. tall. and must be able to climb a vertical ladder to exit/enter the water.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Assorted beverages and snacks
- Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins) and wetsuit
- Experienced Dive Guide to accompany you into the water
- Bottled water
Kealakehe Parkway, Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.