Few people get out on the water these days, and fewer still get to sail a modern sailboat. Here is the single-most unique activity in Williamsburg, where guests get to run the helm or just relax on the water. They get to enjoy an optional talk on the two battles that ended the American Revolutionary War. Sometimes they get to see US Navy ships transiting Yorktown.
About This Deal
1. You'll learn to sail in 10 minutes. From there you'll learned the details of how to build speed, how to "see the wind" and how to turn the boat safely.
2. OPTIONAL: In two 20-minute talks, you'll learn how the French fleet came to defeat the British at the 1781 Battle of the Capes and how that led to the successful artillery Siege at Yorktown.
3. Special Events include sunset engagement and wedding ceremonies. Call for details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- ADA accessible with 24-hour notice.
- Shade and padded seat provided.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Capt. Bill will meet you at the marina with a mask, removing it once we board the boat. We provide free masks for those who want one, and we practice social distancing. The boat is disinfected before and after cruises. We have hand sanitizer onboard.
- As part of learning to sail, you get to run the helm (wheel) and to turn the sails as we tack back and forth. During the history tour, you get to see famous works of art which will then be sent to you
- Lunch - Bring your own boxed lunch and beverages. Bottled water provided.
York River Yacht Haven, 8109 Yacht Haven Rd, Gloucester Point, VA 23062, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/28/2019 - 3/16/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||11:00 AM - 02:00 PM02:30 PM - 05:30 PM|
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Williamsburg Charter Sails in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.