Step into the shoes of Ansel Adams, Charles Weed, Carlton Watkins and Edward Weston during a basic or advanced photography lesson in magnificent Yosemite National Park. Bring your camera to capture the jagged peaks, meadows, rivers, lakes and wildlife of Yosemite Valley or the High Sierra, all while sharpening your photography skills and learning new techniques from your expert instructor. You’ll visit both iconic and lesser-known locations throughout the park. This experience is open to photo enthusiasts of all experience levels.
What You'll Get
People have been photographing Yosemite since 1859, when Charles Weed took the first salt print photo of Yosemite Falls. Since then, artists like Ansel Adams, Carlton Watkins and Edward Weston have produced stunning, unforgettable photographs of the Yosemite Valley and High Sierra.
Choose a basic or advanced photography lesson depending on your skill level and preferences. Your photography adventure starts at 3:30pm, and your exact trailhead departure point will be confirmed after booking. Follow your guide in your car or on foot through Yosemite National Park to your photo locations. Along with your own camera, be sure to bring along any other equipment you'll need such as a sturdy tripod, lenses, filters, extra memory cards and extra batteries.
Basic Photo Lesson: Icons of Yosemite Valley Whether you’re shooting in black and white or color, your photos of Yosemite Valley’s most iconic locations will surely be beautiful. Your instructor will discuss basic techniques including depth of field, hyperfocal distance, exposure techniques, metering, the zone system, white balance and composition.
Begin at the Church Bowl parking lot and picnic area, where Ansel Adams shot two famous images, and make your way to Inspiration Point on Wawona Road, offering epic sunset photo opportunities.
Advanced Photo Lesson: Icons of the High Sierra After the winter snows have given way to the warm days of summer, the High Sierra affords a romantic grandeur: granite domes, jagged peaks, wildflower meadows, sparkling lakes and wildlife all around.
Begin at Olmsted Point, a favorite site of many photographers, and travel to Tenaya Lake to explore its granite shores, erratic boulders, stunted trees and majestic reflections.
Afterwards, continue to Tuolumne Meadows, where several different stops will yield views of the meadows, Mt Dana, the Cathedral Range, the Tuolumne River, Lembert Dome and more. If conditions permit, evening alpen glow will blanket the Sierra crest and provide you with a vibrant, luminous scene even after the sun has dropped below the horizon.
Perfect for more experienced photographers, this lesson covers advanced techniques for photographing wildlife and macro subjects. Topics covered include depth of field, hyperfocal distance, exposure techniques, metering, the zone system, white balance and composition.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information is for guides' reference only; pickup/drop-off is not included.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Items recommended to bring: camera, sturdy tripod, lenses, filters, extra memory cards, extra batteries, gloves, extra layer of clothing, jacket, sunscreen, hat, snacks and water
- Please dress in athletic-wear
- Note: the special of 10% off applies only to the Advanced Photography Lesson
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Camera equipment - customer must provide their own camera
Yosemite National Park (exact trail head confirmed with supplier after booking)
7am 3pm *You must reconfirm departure time with local operator.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the YExplore Yosemite Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.