All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed April 6, 2018
· Reviewed January 29, 2018
· Reviewed January 19, 2018
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $30 for $60 worth of film, videotapes, slides, pictures-to-DVD transfer
- $50 for $100 worth of film, videotapes, slides, pictures-to-DVD transfer
Specialists transfer analog footage in formats such as 8mm, Super 8, 16mm, VHS, miniDV, and Betamax to digital media such as Blu-ray or DVD.
Digital Video Transfer: Preserving Memories for Good
Relics of the bygone era of the original camcorder, VHS videos may not be the ideal vessel for cherished family memories. Find out how to keep old footage fresh with Groupon’s rundown of digital video transfer.
Any footage preserved on a VHS tape should be considered an endangered memory. Comprised of magnetic tape that can degrade over time—and imperiled by any malfunctioning VCR—the once-popular videos were not built to last. Converting analog tapes into digital files ensures that your home movies can be enjoyed for years without losing quality or taking up shelf space otherwise reserved for Oscar statuettes. To accomplish this, most VHS-to-DVD transfer services use an analog-to-digital adapter, which translates the tape’s video signal into pixels to store on a computer’s hard drive. From there, the files can be edited and preserved for posterity either by burning them to DVDs or uploading the videos to Internet sites such as YouTube.
- VHS, which stands for video home service, was almost obsolete before it even took off. Many considered an early competitor, Betamax, a superior form of videocassette.
- A single DVD can typically fit about two hours of video—just enough time to see a child grow from a newborn into a full-fledged justborn.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person. Must use promotion value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., or by appointment. New Clients only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.