The first moving picture, which depicted a horse running at full gallop, was quickly enhanced by the first special effects, which showed a horse exploding next to a 3-D spaceship. Enjoy graphical advances with today's Groupon to Dallas VideoFest, held at the Angelika Film Center and Texas Theatre September 21–25. Choose from the following options:
- For $12, you get a day pass for Thursday, September 22 (a $25 value).
- For $12, you get a day pass for Friday, September 23 (a $25 value).
- For $17, you get a day pass for Saturday, September 24 (a $35 value).
- For $17, you get a day pass for Sunday, September 25 (a $35 value).
- For $65, you get an All-Fest pass, good for admission to all festival events Wednesday, September 21–Sunday, September 25 (a $150 value).
The 24th-annual Dallas VideoFest amasses an eclectic array of electronic media from all corners of the globe to comprise five days of cinematic screenings and events. The 2011 lineup features works by French New Wave legend Jean-Luc Godard and American visionary Spike Jonze, as well as dozens of documentary, narrative, animated, and experimental submissions chosen by artistic director Bart Weiss and his oracular VCR. Panel discussions, workshops, and seminars pepper the schedule of moving images, helping to celebrate the medium itself and engage discussion of current trends and ideas. Friday night witnesses Super Guts and Glory, an annual screening of eight pictures each shot and edited on 100 feet of super 8 film within the previous 24 hours and soundtracked live at the Angelika. The festival closes with The Texas Show, a collection of short works by Texas filmmakers selected by a jury and a group of highly critical longhorn cattle.
Northeast Dallas - White Rock
5321 E Mockingbird Ln.
Dallas, Texas 75206