In the Old West, cowboys would often stop by the town salon for a glass of whiskey, a game of poker, and a cleansing facial. Saddle up for shaping up with today's Groupon: for $75, you get a Groupon-exclusive Brighten Up and Chill Out beauty package (a $205.50 total value) at the Village Hair Company, a salon and spa located on 34th Avenue between Keewaydin and Minnehaha. This enormous package includes the following:
- Your choice of a haircut OR hair spa "facial" (up to a $55 value)
- Eyebrow shaping (an $18 value)
- 30-minute elemental nature massage (a $40 value)
- 30-minute enbrightenment nature facial (a $47.50 value)
- 30-minute signature pedicure (a $45 value)
This adds up to a total of 2.5 hours of nonstop pampering and extreme, in-your-face gentle restoration. You can upgrade many of these services to their full-hour versions for an additional fee.
Village Hair Company owner Shawn Manley and his experienced staff will use decades of experience to turn you into the glowing sun of their orbital existence. Get your first taste of solar elements in the form of their 30-minute elemental nature massage, which bases its technique on Ayurvedic principles and uses long, soothing strokes to rebalance your proportions of water to fire, wind to earth, Bert to Ernie. Afterward, the 30-minute enbrightenment facial deeply penetrates beauty-thirsty skin—minimizing discoloration, improving circulation, and increasing skin clarity by an average of 52%, just below the point where the soul becomes as visible as a dark bra under a white blouse. Feet will get to join in the rest of the body's blissful relaxation with a 30-minute signature pedicure, where they'll be soaked slowly in an aroma bath of your choice before being exfoliated, cuticle-trimmed, and rubbed down with a hydrating body polish.
Once soothed, get styled. A Village Hair stylist's creative scissor-hands will bring out your inner seductive Medusa, flirty maiden, effortlessly stylish Supreme Court justice, or any other multiple personality you'd like to express with a meticulous haircut. If you choose a hair "facial" instead, your peacock plumes, scalp, and hands will be luxed with an array of aromatherapy scents and a barrage of happy-fingered massage (both are 45-minute services). Meanwhile, an eyebrow shaping assists in your quest to express perfect Spockian skepticism every time William Shatner hits on you. Extra Groupons can be bought as gifts, so keep your identical twin from making you look bad with today's Groupon to the Village Hair Company.
Booking one week in advance is recommended; subject to availability. Upgrades are allowed, but no substitutions.
- What a true gem!!! It was such a wonderful experience at Village Hair Company. The staff was VERY friendly and got an awesome haircut at an awesome price!!! – 2allens, Citysearch
- This is a pretty nice salon. The hairdressers there are very polite and personable. They get a grasp of who you are and know how to make you look magnificent. – Pragati S., Insider Pages
- Services are extensive and prices just about right. The offerings are the same as those fancy, schmacy [sic] places downtown but with a true south Minneapolis flair for making you feel comfortable and special. – Michellei, Citysearch
5003 34TH Ave S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417Get Directions