Laughter is the best medicine, though it tends to be the worst legal defense. Salute the healing art of comedy with today's Groupon: for $45, you get a 12-hour beginner’s class at Village Idiots Improv Comedy (a $90 value) at Village Gate Square. Choose from the following class dates and times (excluding Valentine's Day):
- Sundays: January 16–February 20 from 2 p.m.¬–4 p.m., 6 p.m.–8 p.m., or 8 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Mondays: January 17–February 28 from 6 p.m.–8 p.m. or 8 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Wednesdays: January 19–February 23 from 6 p.m.–8 p.m. or 8 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Thursdays: January 20–February 24 from 6 p.m.–8 p.m. or 8 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Fridays: January 21–February 25 from 6 p.m.–8 p.m. or 8 p.m.–10 p.m.
- Saturdays: January 22–February 26 from 2 p.m.–4 p.m.
As Rochester’s improv-comedy source, Village Idiots offers affordable amusement and crash courses in the art of extemporaneous entertainment. The 12-hour beginner’s class instructs aspiring court jesters on how to effortlessly identify their comedic strengths and weaknesses through a series of funny-bone building exercises. Cast off the humor-hindering shackles of self-restraint and learn to find success through hilarious trial and error. Spontaneity is invariably stimulated in these classes, which work like inhibition-impairing electrodes that dull the senses and invite onlookers to chortle recklessly.
- The Village Idiots Improv group is not like the idiots you encounter at work or while driving. These idiots are some of the best in town, and demonstrate that idiots can be more than just a nuisance. – Deb Schleede, Rochester City
- [Their daring diversity of approach] has brought the troupe from the status of the new kids on the improv block to one of the mainstays […] – L. David Wheeler, Messenger Post
274 N. Goodman St.
Rochester, New York 14607Get Directions