- Craft brew sampler
- Delicious meats and cheese
- Kitschy glam décor
- Fun night with friends
About This Deal
While fresh, local foods get a lot of hype, vampires and Abe Vigoda know that eating aged and fermented foods can lead to immortality and enhanced eyebrow dexterity. For $20, today’s Groupon lets you taste a triumvirate of well-aged cheeses, meats, and craft beers at Villain's Bar & Grill in Printer's Row (a $47 value).
Though known in some circles for its mix of kitsch décor and glam gilded walls (hanging pendant lights cast shadows on the repeated image of a gun-wielding Elvis at hip-level under the dark bar top), Villain's is more renowned for its impressive selection of 90 craft and Belgian beers. And with today's Groupon, you’ll get to sample six of them in 6-ounce portions, including one pilsner, lager, wheat, IPA, pale ale, and stout. Each effervescent sip grabs a dance partner off a succulent plate of serrano ham, lomo, and fuet. Along with these meats, you can also pair each pour with the buttery goodness of brie, gouda, and manchego cheeses served with membrillo (jam) and marcona almonds. Though Villain's usually only offers these plates on Friday and Saturday, your Groupon makes the sensory pairings available to you throughout the week, but the restaurant is closed on Sundays for cheese-aging purposes.
Just as the triangle is important to standardized testing and rhetorical analysis, the three-pointed star of cured meats, cheeses, and fermented beverages is integral to appealing traffic tickets and entertaining friends. Line Villain's long wood bar or fill one of its shimmering gold booths with a band of buddies and indulge in a triumvirate of tastings with today's Groupon.
- …we thought this place was pretty sweet. – Time Out Chicago
Most reviewers find the food and drink menus sure shots every time. Three Citysearchers give Villain's Bar & Grill a perfect five-star rating, Chicago Metromixers give it four stars, and Yelpers give it three:
- …some of the best pub food in the city...hickory smoked pulled pork and cherry wood smoked pulled chicken leaves the place smelling like a little bit of oh-so-devilish heaven. – elliemae, Metromix
- Beer geeks dream bar! This is the best bar in the South Loop. Awesome decor, great people, most importantly an epic beer list and tasty food. – Nadia H., Yelp
- Fantastic beer selection and great food...The creative decor elevates it from a standard dive bar, but the ambiance remains laid back and comfortable. Bartenders are always friendly and knowledgeable about the beer selection. – Sarah E., Yelp