All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | How to Properly Taste Wine
Reward your mouth not by stuffing dollar bills into it, but by giving it sophisticated smokes and sips with today’s Groupon. For $15, you’ll get $30 worth of wine, cigars, and beer at Vino 100, an unpretentious, casual specialty shop located in the Tuscany Village Center.
Enjoy a gratis taste of wine while you peruse the fermented grape-juice selections. Gauge bottles based on their ratings—fruity or dry, light or full body, or somewhere in the middle. If you’re pressed for time, pre-determine your picks based on the winery, type, or region function on the site, or consult one of Vino 100’s friendly, expert oenophiles on staff who will make the process painlessly delightful. You’ll find more than 100 international wines retailing for less than $25.
The quaint shop also stocks a small, but luxury selection of hand-rolled cigars and cigar accessories. Pick up a new short and chubby Nub 460 Connecticut, a long-burning smoky treat that’s perfect to enjoy with a complementary sip.
Get this Groupon to stock up for your holiday parties, to suck up to your significant other's family, or to encourage bonding time with your stogie-loving grandfather.
Vino 100 is new, so reviews are limited. One Yelper gives it four stars:
- The store is very inviting, with wine from floor to ceiling and a bar in the back where they pour tasting samples of select wines (and beer!). – Marcus D.
How to Properly Taste Wine
For total wine enjoyment, the wine drinker must engage in a multi-step process designed to enhance the flavor, the body, and the unique characteristics with each sip:
- Give the wine in your glass one of three names: Gary, Darryl, or Garryl.
- Bring the wine glass to your right eye and stare deeply into it for at least 30 minutes until you can no longer tell where the wine ends and you begin.
- Starting with your left pinky and moving right, fully submerge each of your fingers into the wine glass until all fingers are in the glass.
- Take a sip and slosh it around. When someone gives you some surprising news, spit it out.
- Put all of the wine from your glass into your mouth, but don't swallow. When all the wine is in there, open your mouth and say, "Keys. Once angry keeping flagrant." Enjoy the wine that is left in your mouth.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 6, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. 1 use per visit. Not valid on clearance items. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Vino 100
Versed in vintages from around the globe and down the block, Vino 100's aficionados personally curate the shop’s collection of more than 150 wines. Blond wood shelves display bottles stacked into tidy pyramids and sporting labels from wineries such as Oberon, Coppola, and Toad Hollow. In addition to gracing home wine cabinets with new vintages, the shop rewards oenophiles with membership to the grapenutz Wine Club, which unlocks perks including discounts and complimentary bottles. In addition to special events such as live music, wine-pairing dinners, and Bartles and Jaymes look-alike contests, Vino 100 invites patrons to informative wine classes covering topics ranging from tasting tips to wine-production secrets. In the spirit of Dionysian goodwill, the shop helps support a roster of community partners such as schools and animal rescues.