Participants sip a plethora of wines while delving into the history of their favorite beverage and Colorado viticulture
What You'll Get
- What’s included: private or public tour with the winemakers, wine tasting, platter of appetizers
- Age restriction: Must be 21 or older.
- Public tours take place on Fridays and Saturdays
- Private tours take place from Wednesday to Sunday
- Length of tour: 1 hour
The Fine Print
About Vino Salida Wine Cellars
To Steve Flynn, winemaking is an art. The winemaker and owner of Vino Salida Wine Cellars takes his more than 20 years of fine arts and cooking experience and combines it with Colorado grape and honey producers to create unique wine. Read on to learn about some of them:
Cuvee Blanc 2013
- Wine description: This unoaked, dry, medium-bodied white wine features aromas of fresh rain on stones and bright grassy notes with mineral characteristics.
- Suggested pairings: Moroccan root vegetable stew with buttered couscous, or crab cakes with black pepper aioli
- The grapes: 40% Viognier, 40% Riesling, 20% Chardonnay
Vino Rosato di Salida 2014
- Wine description: This dry, complex, medium-bodied rosé wine features strawberry and cherry fruit character, a chokecherry aroma, and light pepper notes.
- Suggested pairings: Salade niçoise, chicken liver pâté, robiola-style cheese with fresh raspberries
- The grapes: 75% Zinfandel, 17% Sangiovese, 8% Syrah
Semi-Sweet Traditional Mead 2014
- Wine description: This dry, medium-bodied red wine features dark cherry fruit character, earthy overtones, dry tannins, and a bright acidity.
- Suggested pairings: Rice-stuffed baked tomatoes, braised short ribs with rosemary olive oil, blue cheese with fresh italian bread
- The grapes: 100% Semi-Sweet Traditional Mead