Drinking wine out of a lousy wine glass inhibits graceful wine-swirling, blocks aroma diffusion, and is grounds for divorce in 48 states. That's why the fermented-grape experts at Vinocity serve their more than 70 reds, rosés, whites, and sparkling wines in Riedel stemware. The lavish Kirkwood restaurant and wine bar boasts more than great wine: its got 12 beers on draft, 50 by the bottle, and eight types of hypnosis.
Pair your drink with a huge variety of upscale American dishes such as pan-seared rack of lamb, grilled salmon, or grilled chicken marinara pasta. Handmade deli sandwiches, such as the famous reuben and club, and the award-winning Dr. Feelgood Bloody Mary make Vinocity a brunch/lunch favorite.
Vinocity used to be in Midtown, but moved to a swanky two-story loft in Kirkwood Station. The dining room has soaring ceilings, comfortable booths, colossal wine racks, and an elegant upstairs mezzanine that overlooks the restaurant. It's a clean, formal spot where families dine in the early evening (the menu has kid fare too) or singles sip wines late-night at the bar. Go on Saturday night to hear live music.
accessAtlanta says Vinocity's new locale wines and dines as well as the old place did, but with upgraded decor:
- Those who remember Vinocity's relatively cozy Midtown digs may be surprised at the modern build-out. Soaring ceilings, dangling art lights, a hefty granite-topped bar backed by towering wine racks and an open, multifunctional floor plan, with several distinct seating areas, all add up to an airy, orderly atmosphere. Upstairs, the mezzanine is a bit more elegant and secluded... In keeping with the friendly neighborhood theme, the menu makeover offers a little something for everyone — including chicken fingers and mac-n-cheese for the kiddies... True to its name, and its past awards, Vinocity continues to feature a fun and fairly impressive wine selection... And cocktails, from margaritas to single malt scotch, have become a major focus. – Bob Townsend, accessAtlanta
- The ingredient lists are long and the choices span the breadth of New American cuisine. As is often the case with these types of menus, though, the simplest dishes are typically the best (and are also the ones that most flatter the wine). Mussels are tender from precisely timed cooking and their buttery garlic-white wine sauce is worthy of slurping with a spoon. A New York strip is seductive without flashiness, adorned elementally with crispy fingerling potatoes, toothsome carrots and a drizzle of reduction sauce. – Creative Loafing
- A recent addition to the Atlanta food scene is getting raves from wine connoisseurs, and its cuisine deserves praise too: Vinocity. Try the caramelized scallops with golden oyster mushrooms and applewood-smoked bacon cream sauce or the pine-nut-crusted Block Island swordfish with a sautéed spinach risotto cake and artichokes. – Kimberly Brown, The New York Times
- I was pleasantly suprised by the attentive staff, great menu, extensive wine list, and not to mention a very entertaining live band. I will most certainly recommend this restaurant to friends and family. – Eavgirl467, Kudzu
- I've been in Vinocity a lot and have never had a bad experience. The food is always solid... Even the edamame is good. The drinks are always good too. – atlfoodiejan, Kudzu
- I think Vinocity is WONDERFUL!! – ClaireIverson, Citysearch
Many inexperienced wine drinkers are intimidated when ordering wine at a restaurant. With the following basic knowledge, you can impress friends and order like a pro:
- Wine is a liquid made from fermented grapes that can be measured by volume, which is fixed by its temperature and pressure.
- Wine bottles did not receive their distinctive shape to conform to the shape of wine. Instead, wine consists of molecules spaced far enough apart from each other that its shape must conform to the shape of its containers.
- If wine is at rest in a uniform gravitational field, the pressure P at any point is given by P = PGZ where: P = the density of the liquid (assumed constant) G = gravity Z = the depth of the point below the surface
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
1963 Hosea L Williams Dr Se
Atlanta, Georgia 30317Get Directions