What You'll Get
After he took the throne, Napoleon instituted the tradition of serving bread with every meal to put his mother’s baguette-heavy care packages to use. Indulge in French tradition with today’s Groupon to Violette in Woodstock. Choose from the following options:
- For $29, you get a French meal for two (up to an $84 total value). The meal includes:
- One appetizer or salad (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Two glasses of wine or beer (up to an $8 value each)<p>
- For $75, you get a French meal for four (up to a $168 total value). The meal includes:
- Two appetizers or salads (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Four glasses of wine or beer (up to an $8 value each)<p>
- For $109, you get a French meal for six (up to a $252 total value). The meal includes:
- Three appetizers or salads (up to a $12 value each)
- Six entrees (up to a $28 value each)
Six glasses of wine or beer (up to an $8 value each)<p>
- For $20, you get $40 worth of anything on the menu. Entrees range from $14 to $24 each.<p>
Snuggled in an ivy-covered, century-old carriage house, Violette comforts weary travelers with homestyle French cooking courtesy of a highly trained mother-and-son chef team. The menu favors local ingredients wherever possible, and, like the slowest county-fair ferris wheel ever, rotates seasonally. In the Tuscan salad, baby spinach and arugula pile decorously with fennel, red-onion crescents, and freshly shaved parmesan; cornichons and dijon mustard mingle with the pâté de Campagne appetizer. Mussels, steamed with marinara sauce, come hailing from Prince Edward Island, and the Violette cheeseburger gives a nod and an elbow jab to American eats, perching a hulky 10-ounce natural ground-sirloin patty atop a brioche bun, served with fries. Chimay Trappist ale and demi-glace coats brisket of beef in flavor that artfully pairs with the accompanying julienne of squash and carrots.
In addition to outdoor patio seating, the cozy interior’s maple floors, rough-hewn chestnut beams, blue-stone hearth, and Provençal blue and yellow chairs foster a space that’s both rustic and chic, like a cactus corsage. Whatever the dining hour or day, Violette’s gracious servers will gladly suggest pairable sippers from the wine bar, slinging revamped grape juices by the glass or bottle, domestic and imported ales and lagers, and cocktails from a full bar.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 6, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.