· Redeemed February 17, 2018
· Redeemed December 4, 2017
· Redeemed September 15, 2017
What You'll Get
- One Syringe of Kybella
Collagen and Elastin: The Hidden Benefactors of Youthful Skin
Some spa treatments can boost the production of collagen, which is vital to vibrant, youthful skin. Check out Groupon’s guide to the skin’s invisible foundation.
A cooked noodle bends because it’s saturated with water. On the other hand, a uncooked noodle is dry and brittle, making it easy to snap in half. The same principle applies to skin—well-moisturized skin is flexible and resilient, whereas dry skin is prone to structural damage. Beyond moisturizing, however, skin relies on two molecules—more specifically, two proteins—to maintain its youthful appearance: collagen and elastin. The most abundant protein in the animal kingdom, collagen helps tissues withstand stretching, resulting in plump, durable skin. Elastin, meanwhile, helps tissues stretch in the first place, forming bundles of elastic fibers that make the skin strong and flexible. Working in tandem, these two proteins give skin a taut, voluminous quality that’s prized among hot-air balloons. Even healthy skin is no match for nature, however. Factors such as aging and sun damage can drain the skin’s moisture and weaken its proteins, sapping it of its youth and vigor.
Although it’s impossible to actually reverse time, it is possible to regenerate the proteins that make skin look young through a small act of deception. Treatments such as laser or radiofrequency resurfacing and microdermabrasion facials trick the skin into thinking it needs to repair a wound, in which case it amps up collagen and elastin production to rebuild the “damaged” foundation, resulting in an even stronger foundation than before. Topical agents such as retinol creams and plant-based acids also encourage cell synthesis, and as always, staying hydrated is vital to helping your face resist wrinkles and keep from shriveling back into a sponge capsule.
THE PATIENT AND ANY OTHER PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT HAS A RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PAY, CANCEL PAYMENT, OR BE REIMBURSED FOR PAYMENT FOR ANY OTHER SERVICE, EXAMINATION, OR TREATMENT THAT IS PERFORMED AS A RESULT OF AND WITHIN 72 HOURS OF RESPONDING TO THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE FREE, DISCOUNTED FEE, OR REDUCED FEE SERVICE, EXAMINATION, OR TREATMENT.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Consultation required; non-candidates and other refund requests will be honored before service provided. Appointment required. New clients only. Mandatory service fee equal to 20% of the full service price added at time of service; fee will not exceed $100. Merchant's standard 24 hr cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About VIP Laser
The trained technicians at VIP Laser use the full spectrum of specialty lasers to help their clients look and feel their best.
- Hair removal: Unwanted fuzz from across the body can be zapped away using focused light. Unlike other forms of hair removal, lasers are relatively painless and produce longer-lasting results.
- Skin rejuvenation: Photofacials can help tighten lines and wrinkles while clearing complexions. For maximum results, the staff may recommend adding chemical peels and Hydrafacials to illicit younger-, healthier-looking skin.
- Body sculpting: The industry-leading Zerona system is used to reduce targeted fat deposits from stubborn areas like the hips, belly, and arms.
- Nail fungus: Keep feet beach-ready with laser anti-fungal treatments that quickly and easily eliminate the cause of cracked, discolored toe nails.