All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· Reviewed February 17, 2018
· Reviewed December 4, 2017
· Reviewed September 15, 2017
What You'll Get
- One Derma Pen Treatment and PRP Facial
- Two Derma Pen Treatments and PRP Facials
Vitamin C: From Breakfast to Beauty Aid
Vitamin C isn’t just abundant in fruits and veggies, it’s a key component of many facial treatments. Learn more about its skincare applications with Groupon’s introduction.
Vitamin C is packed into oranges, kale, peppers, and other veggies and fruits recommended for a healthy immune system, but the nutrient can also work from the outside in. Spa therapists and aestheticians draw on its anti-aging properties to make skin look younger in two primary ways: as serum or lotion meant to be absorbed into the skin, or as a more intense peel.
“Topical vitamin C is a great antioxidant,” says Dr. Debra Jaliman, author of Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist. Antioxidants help keep tissues youthful by destroying particles known as free radicals that are theorized to cause signs of aging such as damage to skin cells or enjoying shredded wheat. Among them, vitamin C is especially powerful since it can also stimulate the production of collagen, the stuff that keeps skin looking plump and smooth. Though it’s possible to find vitamin C in over-the-counter beauty products, it may actually make more sense to soak up its benefits through a spa facial—its molecules deteriorate rapidly upon contact with air or light, so a single-serving dose is likely to be fresher and more effective.
Designed not just for nourishing the skin but also for sloughing off its dull outermost layer, peels made with vitamin C “improve light-brown discoloration, they improve the texture, and they can soften fine lines,” says Dr. Jaliman. Plus, she adds, vitamin C is “very good for sensitive skin as it’s very gentle.” It’s among the milder acids in the aesthetician’s arsenal, so it can exfoliate with less risk of side effects such as dryness or redness. Dr. Jaliman recommends a series of three to five peels performed two weeks apart for best results.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Appointment required. New clients only. Mandatory service fee equal to 20% of the full service price added at time of service; fee will not exceed $100. Merchant's standard 24 hr cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About VIP Laser
The trained technicians at VIP Laser use the full spectrum of specialty lasers to help their clients look and feel their best.
- Hair removal: Unwanted fuzz from across the body can be zapped away using focused light. Unlike other forms of hair removal, lasers are relatively painless and produce longer-lasting results.
- Skin rejuvenation: Photofacials can help tighten lines and wrinkles while clearing complexions. For maximum results, the staff may recommend adding chemical peels and Hydrafacials to illicit younger-, healthier-looking skin.
- Body sculpting: The industry-leading Zerona system is used to reduce targeted fat deposits from stubborn areas like the hips, belly, and arms.
- Nail fungus: Keep feet beach-ready with laser anti-fungal treatments that quickly and easily eliminate the cause of cracked, discolored toe nails.