Choose Between Two Options
- $22 for two VIP admission tickets ($40 value)
- $42 for four VIP admission tickets ($80 value)
Detroit Home Opener Festival
- The Event: The biggest day of the year for local baseball fans gets the biggest Opening Day party, where fans descend upon the Madison Avenue Festival Grounds for an 11-hour block party overflowing with food, music, beer, games, and team spirit.
- The Music: Detroit’s top DJs spin party tunes, while local bands such as Killer Flamingos (three-time winner of Hour Detroit Magazine’s Best Band in Detroit) and crooner Dan Tillery deliver pop, rock, and grooves.
- The Drinks: Open-air beer tents and full bars keep Tigers fans hydrated throughout the day and night.
- The Hosts: A cast of popular Detroit figures and tastemakers play emcee, including Craig Jelinek and Jody Haddad of Vital Productions, plus Mike Anthony, Brian Jeffries, Andrus MacDonald, Jay Mafouz, and Scott Rutterbush.
- What to Eat: Convoys of food trucks keep appetites at bay, or just go for it at the city’s Opening Day hot-dog-eating contest.
- Stay Warm: Giant heated beer tents invite fans to get toasty as the night goes on, or you can just catch extra heat waves emanating from whoever wins that hot-dog-eating contest.
- Other Perks: Get sporty in festival games (which could include the return of the popular dunk tank), or bait Yankees fans from the comfort of tailgate chalets.