Wine connoisseurs assert that novice tasters should never pair red wine with fish, white wine with red meat, or excessive wine with jury duty. Lap up varietals in moderate proportions with today’s Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $16 for a wine-tasting package for two (a $6 value each) and $20 toward lunch or brunch at the café (a $32 total value)
$29 for a wine-tasting package for four (a $6 value each) and $40 toward lunch or brunch at the café (a $64 total value)<p>
- Wine-tasting packages include a winery tour and wine tasting
- Tours available daily
- Sample red and white wines crafted with Alabama and West Coast grapes
- Tasting-room café menu features deli-style lunch fare such as a rotisserie-chicken caesar roll-up ($6.99) and an assorted cheese plate ($7.95). Guests may also apply the credit toward brunch at the Tasting-room, served on Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. View the full menu here.
- Picturesque facilities with outdoor patio seating and quaint indoor tasting room<p>
Vizzini Farms Winery
Set on sprawling farmland, Vizzini Farms Winery bottles a diverse selection of wine crafted from West Coast and Alabama vinifera grapes. Daily tours sneak groups behind the scenes of the second-generation Italian family’s winemaking process, which yields riesling piqued with tropical fruits and pinot grigio that's as lively as a 30-piece kazoo orchestra. A charming tasting room recalls a sunny Italian café, with warm yellow walls, racks of wine, and bistro tables ideal for gathering over a bite of deli fare and Italian-style desserts. On warm days, the spacious patio is open for enjoyment, providing views of surrounding vineyards and breezes with notes of black currant, citrus, and oxygen.