For $10, today's side deal gets you a general admission ticket to Wild Legacy presented by Voices of the South at the Evergreen Theatre on November 18 (a $20 value).
- Production follows husband and wife duo, Olaus and Mardy Murie, scientists who helped establish the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Performance set to live soundscapes in a retelling of Margaret Murie's memoir, Two in the Far North
- Show celebrates the 50th anniversary of the refuge
- Commissioned by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
The Memphis Flyer featured Wild Legacy and its creator, former University of Memphis professor Gloria Baxter:
- Wild Legacy, which is inspired by Mardy Murie's book Two in the Far North, recognizes that most Americans will never experience the Arctic firsthand. That doesn't mean it can't impact the imagination, and Baxter uses the Muries' writing to help her actors and her audiences experience wolf encounters and migrating caribou herds. – Chris Davis