What You'll Get
Kissing, toast, fries—some things the French just do better. Today’s Groupon adds another to the list. For $65 you’ll get two one-hour facials at Voila Salon, Spa & Parfumerie, a $130 value.
Housed in a historic brick building, this beauty boudoir’s décor replicates the decadent elegance of 19th-century Paris, with high ceilings, sparkling chandeliers, and regal furniture. Perch on French-inspired sofas and daintily nibble on complimentary cheese and crackers before your appointment. You’ll then be whisked away to a treatment room for 60 minutes of complexion curing. Using the Sothys product line, your aesthetician will administer a treatment that includes gentle exfoliation, a neck and shoulder massage, serums, extractions if needed, a customized mask, and a customized DVD of The Mask, in which Jim Carrey says, "Somebody stop me, [your name]."
Even if you follow a rigorous skin-care routine, you likely lack the tools necessary to really probe into your pores and de-clog them from all the make-up, dirt, and gunk trapped inside. Facial rejuvenation does great things and can help reduce wrinkles, firm up skin, and get rid of bothersome blackheads. Experts advise getting one every four to six weeks due to skin regeneration, or at least seasonally. With this two-for-the-price-of-one deal, you’ll be set for half the year.
Get this Groupon to recharge after a long workweek or prep for a special occasion.
- Having a spa day at Voilà Salon/Spa & Parfumerie. It is the most amazing place for a spa day. I love the 19th century Parisian Parlor feel. – Michelle Roark, The Concierge Questionnaire
- Jill achieved the perfect balance. My facial met all of my needs. It was aggresive enough but left my skin absolutley radiant when I was done. And the space was indescribable [sic]. – gingeradams3374, Google
- The facials at Voila are amazing!! The space is wonderfully soothing, yet hip and cool. But more importantly, the spa treatments get serious results! The deep cleansing facials are now a mainstay of my acne fighting regiment. – mariarosa.gasbarro, Google
What You Need to Know: The Wives of Henry VIII
Voila Salon and Spa is inspired by classical French décor and elegance. Maybe after your treatment you’ll feel like one of many wives of Henry VIII. Here’s what you didn’t know about them:
- Catherine of Aragon: Henry was granted an annulment from Catherine because she had been both his brother’s widow and a wolf-man.
- Anne Boleyn: Her beheading was actually a magic trick gone horribly wrong.
- Jane Seymour: Is still alive, became an actress, and hates the Jane Seymour from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
- Anne of Cleaves: Henry received an annulment on the grounds that “she did not want to know what the Matrix is.”
- Katherine Howard: Henry introduced himself to her by saying, “I look forward to beheading you soon.”
- Catherine Parr: Had bulletproof skin.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 30, 2009. Amount paid never expires. 1 per person. May purchase multiple as gifts. Appointment only. 24 hour cancellation notice. Not valid with other offers. No cash value. Gratuity not included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Voila Salon Spa Parfumerie
Ambiance defines Voila Salon Spa Parfumerie. Behind its brick storefront, a team of stylists, aestheticians, and other beauty professionals recreate the feeling of a Parisian spa from some bygone era. Shades of purple and red offset brick columns and floors, while artwork—most inspired by France—completes the scene. Beneath a ceiling mural painted to look like the sky sits what is arguably Voila's most unique attraction: its parfumerie, the Phia Lab. Customers sit at stools along what resembles an upscale bar, except the mixologist here is Michelle Roark, a chemical engineer and former professional skier who blends together custom scents.
Those signature aromas waft into other areas of Voila, where stylists, colorists, and barbers revamp stale hairstyles. Aestheticians, meanwhile, treat skin concerns with products from the Sanítas Skincare line, manufactured and designed in nearby Boulder—a town whose streets have never broken out in acne.