True wine connoisseurs teach themselves to distinguish varietals, identify flawed bottles, and cry pure chardonnay. Become one with the grape with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for a wine-tasting tour with wine and cheese platter for two (up to a $32.99 value)
- $30 for a wine-tasting tour with wine and cheese platter for four (up to a $65.98 value)<p>
Each option includes:
- Winery tour for each person
- Tasting of up to seven different wines for each person
- Glass of wine for each person
- Platter of Wisconsin cheese, gourmet smoked meat, and crackers to share with the group <p>
Tours take place during one of six Cuisine Concert events featuring live music to complement wine and food pairings. They are held every Saturday between July 21 and August 25 from 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Von Stiehl Winery
While fermenting and aging, von Stiehl Winery's 25 wines reside in underground limestone caverns that date back to the Civil War era. Brothers Aric and Brad Schmiling build on experience as a chemist and theater engineer to maintain the winery and stock its online store with French- and American-style blends such as a gold medal-winning cabernet sauvignon, brandy-fortified cherry wine, and merlot aged in French oak, all of which woo palates more gently than Cyrano de Bergerac in a pillow fight.
Visits to the storied winery, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, allow guests to soak in bold Italianate architecture as they pass through fermentation quarters and a production facility. Seasonal events range from tastings and food pairings to live music and grape-stomping competitions. In warmer weather, sprawling grass lawns grant panoramic views of Lake Michigan.