What You'll Get
Canoeing is the preferred method of transportation at summer camp, narrowly winning over getting picked up early by your parents. Steer your own ship with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $299 for a four-day Boundary Waters Canoe Area trip for two with canoe and equipment rental (a $630 value)
- $599 for a four-day Boundary Waters Canoe Area trip for four with canoe and equipment rental (a $1,260 value)
Adventurers spend the first night in the bunks at Voyageur Canoe Outfitters before departing for three more evenings with a full supply of camping gear. The package includes the following:
- Aluminum or Royalex canoe
- Life jackets, paddles, and portage yoke
- Granite gear packs for food and gear
- Stove and fuel
- Sleeping bag, compression stuff sack, and sleeping pad
- Tent, ground cloth, and tarp
- Rope, shovel, and saw
- Bunkhouse stay the night before trip
- Breakfast in the lodge the morning of trip
- Map, routing session
- Towel and shower upon return
- Transportation to any entry points on Gunflint trail
- Click here for a full breakdown of the package.
Campers are advised to bring the following:
- Food and snacks
- Dish soap and dish cloths
- Fire-starting kits (matches, fire starter, etc.)
- Cook kits, dishes, and silverware
- First-aid kit
- Water filter or tablets and water bottle
- Personal clothing and toiletries
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 15, 2014. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 voucher per person, may buy 1 more as a gift. Limit 1 voucher per calendar year. Valid only for outfitting option purchased. Reservation and deposit required. 30-day cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price may apply. $50 fee may apply for changing dates once permit is booked; $100 fee may apply for changing dates within 7 days of trip. Trip must be completed by expiration. Must sign waiver. Food, BWCA & Quetico reservation permit fees, taxes and fishing license cost not included. Click here for package details. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Voyageur Canoe Outfitters
While exploring the Gunflint trail, one often hears the trickle of the Boundary Waters, the echoes of wolves howling, and the soothing absence of city noise. As owners and operators of Voyageur Canoe Outfitters, Mike and Sue Prom have a deep understanding of the land and are proud to call the area home. The Prom family provides adventurers with gear and supplies for exploring nearby trails, waterways, and orbiting moons. The outfitter also organizes complete trip packages to keep groups equipped when paddling along the BWCA or camping in Quetico Park. In 2010, Gustave Axelson of the New York Times followed Mr. Prom on an ice-fishing voyage through Quetico, fondly recalling the rugged outdoorsman's ability to rig fishing lines, keep the tent stove roaring, and prepare fresh lake trout with a bit of maple syrup into a dinner that was "three-star quality and joyous as a wedding feast."