$169 for a four-day, three-night canoe trip outfitting package for one ($308.20 value)
- Wenonah Kevlar canoe with paddles, double-padded carrying yoke, and life vest
- Kondos Deluxe pack
- Alps dome tent, ultralight sleeping bag, and self-inflating mattress/chair
- Stove, cookware, utensils, water bottles, and water filter
- Survival and navigation tools
- A trip route designed especially for you based on your interests, abilities, and other preferences, and including fishing spots
- Fishing-rod holders and minnow/leech buckets
- Click to view complete package details.
A Boundary Waters Canoe Area permit is required but not included; the permit costs $16 for each adult and $8 for each child 17 and younger, plus a $6 processing fee. Groupon users who wish to extend their trip beyond four days receive 20% off the normal rate for each additional day. Groupon users can also add food, transportation, and/or bunkhouse for 20% off the normal rate. In addition, non-Groupon users accompanying the Groupon holder will receive 20% off the normal outfitting cost.
Voyageur North Canoe Outfitters
John and Lynn O'Kane have been dedicated to outfitting explorers for treks for more than 32 years, guided by a wealth of experience and membership in the Professional Paddlesports Association. They offer a variety of services to arm adventurers for canoeing, camping, and other outdoor escapades with complete packages stocked with all the necessary goods, from ultralight aluminum canoes to live bait for fishing. To help visitors make the most of their forays into the wilderness, they offer customized route planning service and select routes most suited to travelers’ desires, experience levels, and abilities to follow bread-crumb trails. Back at base, there's a bunkhouse available for rent (upon availability) where campers can enjoy time in Ely before or after they set out on their treks.