Before fishermen discovered the edibility of fish, they used each catch as bait for larger species, hoping in the end to hook the biggest fish of all—friendship. Cast your line with today’s Groupon to Walkers Fish ‘n Chips, valid at the Wellington Street location. Choose between the following options:
- For $10, you get a fish combo meal for two (a $20.30 value) that includes the following:
- Two pieces of haddock with french fries, coleslaw, and tartar sauce (a $16.95 value)
- Large Caesar salad (a $5.95 value)<p>
- For $19, you get a fish combo meal for four (a $39.96 value) that includes the following:
- Four pieces of haddock with french fries, coleslaw, and tartar sauce (a $34.01 value)
- Large Caesar salad (a $5.95 value)<p><p>
At Walkers Fish ‘n Chips chefs whip up a vast menu of crispy golden fish, house-made soups and a slew of from-scratch sauces and smoky marinades. Haddock dons a cape of lightly seasoned batter and then dives into the fryer to emerge with a tempting golden hue. Plates of haddock nuzzle up against coleslaw and a latticework of fresh cut fries. Patrons can also prevent forks from prodding defenseless spoons by directing them toward the Caesar salad, peppered with fresh-made croutons and chunks of bacon. Though not included in this Groupon, seven flavours of hand-blended milkshakes cool down overworked jaws.
Robbie Walkers Fish 'n Chips
The scent of fish frying has welcomed visitors to the original Walkers restaurant since they opened in 1944. The tradition has continued as three additional locations have opened, including sister location Robbie Walkers Fish 'n Chips in 1994. Inside the cozy family dining room, guests can order fresh halibut, haddock, cod, or pollock to the fryer, or dine on one of several gourmet burgers or sandwiches on the menu. Plates are rounded out with made from scratch starters such as bacon poutine or mushy peas, a classic British supplement to fish-and-chips.
223 Wellington St.
London, Ontario N6B 2L2