What You'll Get
Unlike traveling from Europe to the United States on a bicycle, today's side deal requires walking: for $75, you get a private walking tour from Walkin’ New York for up to five people. See New York City's historic areas with native New Yorker Bob Gelber, Walkin’ NY founder. Gelber shares his firsthand knowledge of the city during 90- to 120-minute tours.
Tours are available seven days a week, depending on availability. Round up friends and choose one of five tours:
- Millionaires' Row: Mosey down Fifth Avenue to see the homes of America’s most elite and influential. Learn about the activities wealthy people enjoy, such as joining clubs and playing jai alai in Yankee Stadium.
- Brooklyn Bridge—DUMBO: Enjoy a panoramic view of the city as you cross into Brooklyn's warehouse district, filled with restaurants, art galleries, shops, and stray beach balls.
- Green Tour—Battery Park: Take a stroll through one of the greenest sections of the city and see its eco-friendly buildings. Familiarize yourself with what’s being done to help the environment.
- Lower East Side: Learn about the waves of change—from immigration to gentrification—that have taken place in one of the city’s historic neighborhoods.
- Central Park: Discover the history and geology of the most famous park in the world, with stops at Central Park Zoo, the Naumburg Bandshell, and the Delacorte Music Clock.
Walkin’ New York isn’t on Yelp yet, but check out this amNewYork article, [this Downtown Express article] (http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_330/seaportreport.html), or these testimonials from Walkin’ NY’s website:
- Bob was fantastic, very knowledgeable and fun! – Sue and Stan Hutchinson
- Bob went above and beyond while treating us to insiders knowledge of the Meatpacking District. – Jenn Kaufman
- Bob brought the HighLine (New York's first elevated public park) to life for us and has a wealth of stories and intelligent, fun information. We were hanging off his every word. – Ilana Eberson
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 17, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per tour. Subject to availability. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.