|_Jump to: Details||Reviews_|
Most guided sightseeing tours pose severe health risks—muscle atrophy, loss of bone density, and blinding rage, to name a few—due to the lack of physical activity. You’ve probably suffered one or all of those symptoms while on these tours:
- Manhattan Segway Tour: Whir around the city without using your feet. See the sights as if you were living in 2067.
- NYC Saddled-Lion Tour: Anyone standing in your way risks life and limb. Stops include dumpsters and places with high densities of fearful humans.
- Big Apple Piggyback Tour: Evoke jealousy from all as you experience the city on the shoulders of muscle-man guides.
Fortunately, Walkin’ NY circumvents the shortcomings associated with the above non-movement-based tours (painful side effects, death, etc.). See New York on foot with today’s fantastic deal.
With today’s Groupon, $10 gets you a walking tour of the city with Walkin’ NY (a $20 value). See New York’s historic areas with native New Yorker Bob Gelber, Walkin’ NY founder. Gelber shares his firsthand knowledge of the city during 90- to 120-minute tours, giving you longtime city dwellers the perfect chance to learn something new or entertain out-of-town guests.
Round up some friends and choose one of five tours:
- Millionaire’s Row: Mosey down Fifth Avenue to see the homes of America’s most elite and influential. Learn about the activities wealthy people enjoy, such as joining clubs and not letting other people join their clubs.
- Lower Manhattan–Financial District: Watch unemployed Wall Streeters grovel for change where the money used to be.
- Green Tour–Battery Park: Take a stroll through the greenest section of the city and see its eco-friendly buildings. Learn what’s being done to help the environment.
- Lower East Side: Learn about the waves of change—from immigration to gentrification—that have taken place in one of the city’s historic neighborhoods.
- Central Park: Discover the history and geology of the most famous park in the world with stops at Central Park Zoo, the Naumburg Bandshell, and the Delacorte Music Clock.
- “Bob was fantastic, very knowledgeable and fun!” – Sue and Stan H.
- “Bob went above and beyond while treating us to insiders knowledge of the Meatpacking District.” – Jenn K
- “Bob brought the HighLine (New York’s first elevated public park) to life for us and has a wealth of stories and intelligent, fun information. We were hanging off his every word.” – Ilana E.
Get your Groupon!