|_Jump to: Reviews||Surgeon General’s Warning_|
Today $15 gets you a one-hour intro to indoor rock-climbing lesson, including equipment rental, at Wall Crawler Rock Club, located at 1522 DeKalb Ave., NE. That’s 63% off the usual $40 price. Try finding a more exciting way to build strength than rock climbing—you won’t. Experience the exhilaration of hanging onto a rock with your fingertips, without the panic of possible death. Rock climbing is awesome. Customers rave about Wall Crawler’s friendly staff and great facilities.
Wall Crawlers is a challenging gym for new climbers, but after your class, you’ll be confident enough to attempt your first climb on its indoor wall, which will make you confident enough to scale buttered cliffs. In your course, you’ll learn basic rock-climbing safety (no giggling, cover yourself in bubble wrap, etc.):
- The equipment: How do I use a harness and what is a belay device?
- A figure 8: How do I best tie my rope to make sure I don’t fall?
- Belaying: What is this?
- Commands: How do I best communicate with my climbing partner?
Get in on today’s Groupon and try something new—it’s even a better deal than Wall Crawler’s Friday night special ($25 per person including gear). Get two Groupons and learn how to climb with someone you trust; buy three and learn to climb with someone you’re highly suspicious of and someone you trust intently to watch that person.
- “Wall Crawlers is a climber’s climbing gym. You won’t find frills and fluff here. The staff is generally knowledgeable and friendly.” – Tabitha P., Yelp
- “I have tried many climbing gyms in the greater Atlanta area as well as places in Florida and this is by far the best one I’ve been to so far. The staff is very easy going and accessible. Most of the climbers in this gym are very skilled which helps you improve fast and with a strong base of skills. The atmosphere in the gym is not only fun but the staff is also very passionate for the sport and they encourage you actually [sic] want to be a better climber.” – jtypaldos, Citysearch
- “We had a blast! Wonderful funky atmosphere with varied music selection in background.” – kwrabalais, Citysearch
Surgeon General's Warning
While rock climbing, balance may be disrupted by normal bodily functions (breathing, coughing, etc.). The Surgeon General has recently found that the bodily function most disruptive to rock-climbing is childbirth. Juggling a newborn at high altitudes is challenging (unless the umbilical chord is improbably tied in a belay harness at birth). Due to these risks, third-trimester pregnant women are not allowed to participate in today’s amazing deal on a beginner’s rock-climbing lesson.
1522 Dekalb Ave Ne #2
Atlanta, Georgia 30307Get Directions