Digital technology has allowed for the introduction of many new art forms, just as Leonardo da Vinci once predicted on his blog. Upload a masterpiece with today’s Groupon to Walter Psotka Photography.
$49 for a three-hour photography workshop (a $99 value)
$89 for two three-hour photography workshops (a $198 value)
$119 for three three-hour photography workshops (a $297 value)
- Workshop One: “Understanding Your Digital Camera”
- Workshop Two: “Portrait Photography”
- Covers natural-light photography and flash photography
- Venture outside, weather permitting
- Workshop Three: “Enhancing, Printing, and Emailing your Photos”
- Students bring in files to enhance with Photoshop Elements
- Explain file sizes, emailing photos, and storing them
- Classes are held on the following days:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Students must bring their own digital cameras<p>
Walter Psotka Photography
Like a flower and a honeybee or Fabio and the tiny birds who clean his hair, the relationship between Walter Psotka and his camera is mutually symbiotic—one seems unable to exist without the other. He began his career as a freelance still photographer for Global TV, and before long he was serving as chairperson of the Professional Photographers of Ontario and running his own studio. Armed with decades of experience, he requests a pre-shoot consultation with his clients in order to capture their essence into a tiny vial and splash it onto film. During his interactive workshops, Walter can explain the nuances of natural light, along with delving into questions such as "What are the buttons on the digital camera I received as a Christmas gift?," "What kind of digital camera should I buy?," and "What is the most flattering angle for shooting a walrus?"