For Richard III, pick from the following dates:
- Sunday, October 31, at 2 p.m. ($30 value)
- Friday, November 5, at 7:30 p.m. ($30 value)
- Saturday, November 6, at 7:30 p.m. ($35 value)
For Mary Stuart, pick from the following dates:
- Thursday, November 4, at 7:30 p.m. ($25 value)
- Sunday, November 7, at 7:30 p.m. ($25 value)
- Saturday, November 13, at 7:30 p.m. ($35 value)
- Award-winning theater company takes on Shakespeare’s cunning and cruel Richard III and Friedrich Schiller’s Mary Stuart.
- Richard III features the story of Richard, the manipulative brother of a king, who brutally paves a path to the throne
- Mary Stuart explores fierce rivalry between Queen, Elizabeth I, and her cousin, Mary, Queen of Scots
- Part of the Washington Shakespeare Company’s British History Repetoire
- Ticket prices (from $25 to $35) vary according to date and time of performance
The Clark Street Playhouse received a review from the Post and three Yelpers give it a four-star average rating: > * This flexible performance space, formerly a warehouse, is home to the Washington Shakespeare Company. – Post > * Reminded us of a London pub theatre (sadly, no bar though) and loved the intimate feel of the place. – Johnny Gal M., Yelp
WSC Avant Bard
Established as the Washington Shakespeare Company in 1990, WSC Avant Bard is dedicated to updating classic theater for modern audiences, revitalizing well-worn drama with challenging interpretations. Under the leadership of newly appointed artistic director Tom Prewitt, the theater treats audiences to daring productions of established classics, new works, and little-known Shakespeare fan-fiction about him teaming up to fight crime with Queen Elizabeth I.
1101 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, Virginia 22209Get Directions