Wine classes allow fans to re-create an episode in the life of everyone's favorite crime-fighting sommelier, Mr. Belvedere, without having to produce a hit ’80s sitcom. Raise a sophisticated glass with today's Groupon to Washington Wine Academy. Choose from the following options:
For $42, you get a French wine class (an $85 value). Choose one of the following classes, dates, and times:
- Rhone wines on Wednesday, May 25 at 6:45 p.m.
- Rhone wines on Wednesday, May 25 at 8:30 p.m.
- Rhone wines on Wednesday, June 8 at 6:45 p.m.
- Rhone wines on Wednesday, June 8 at 8:30 p.m.
- Burgundy wines on Thursday, June 16 at 6:45 p.m.
- Burgundy wines on Thursday, June 16 at 8:30 p.m.
- Bordeaux wines on Friday, June 17 at 6:45 p.m.
- Bordeaux wines on Friday, June 17 at 8:30 p.m.
- Loire Valley wines on Wednesday, June 22 at 6:45 p.m.
- Bordeaux wines on Thursday, June 23 at 6:45 p.m.
- Bordeaux wines on Thursday, June 23 at 8:30 p.m.
- Loire Valley wines on Tuesday, June 28 at 6:45 p.m.
- Burgundy wines on Wednesday, June 29 at 6:45 p.m.
- Burgundy wines on Wednesday, June 29 at 8:30 p.m.
For $24, you get a 60-minute Wines of Summer tasting class (a $48 value). Choose from the following dates and times:
- Monday, May 23 at 6:45 p.m.
- Monday, May 23 at 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 6 at 6:45 p.m.
- Monday, June 6 at 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 9 at 6:45 p.m.
- Thursday, June 9 at 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25 at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25 at 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25 at 5 p.m.
For $18, you get admission to a one-hour wine reception and tasting (a $36 value). Choose from the following dates and times:
- Thursday, June 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 2 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19 at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19 at 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m
- Friday, June 24 at 8 p.m
At Washington Wine Academy, named one of the 5 Best Places to Study Wine by Food & Wine, oenophiles impart wine enthusiasts with the necessary skills to tell a burgundy from a merlot. Each 60-minute French wine class starts off with an instructor-led educational session on the history and popular grapes of the sipper's selected region, followed by a guided tasting and discussion of four wines, varying with class type. During the 60-minute Wines of Summer sessions, fledgling aficionados taste a sparkling wine, followed by a white, a rosé, and a light red wine, discussing the drinkable diversity of the tricolor ambrosia rainbow. Those attending the wine reception will be privy to 12 1-ounce sample sips of different wines at their leisure while chatting with resident sommeliers and fellow grape fans.
Washington Wine Academy pairs Cabot Creamery cheeses with every event offered through today’s Groupon, and all students get to keep their complimentary Washington Wine Academy wine glass. Classes are held in the Wine Academy Education Center, located on the main floor of the Bennington Luxury Apartments.
Washington Wine Academy
Named one of the 5 Best Places to Study Wine in the country by Food & Wine magazine, Washington Wine Academy has something for novices and experts alike. The school’s offerings include professional-certification classes, tours of local wineries, singles mixers, and wine-and-a-movie nights, all overseen by top wine writers and sommeliers. This blend of education and entertainment has proven successful: on average, the Academy educates more than 100's of enthusiasts per month and hosts more than 150 wine and beer classes each year.
Students and visitors gather in the academy’s brick and mortar wine school–the first of its kind in the DC area. A large hall provides the perfect setting for presentations or Model UN practice, and the nearby Crystal City stocks an extensive collection of beer and wines from around the world.
1201 S Eads St.
Arlington, Virginia 22202Get Directions