What You'll Get
Personalize your pour with today’s grapey Groupon: for $99, you’ll get 14 bottles of DIY-wine from Water 2 Wine in Round Rock, a $193 value (that's about $7 a bottle). From mixing grape selections to designing your label, the interactive activity will delight oenophiles and control freaks alike, but will not literally allow you to transform water into wine for purposes of magic.
Start with a tasting of ready-to-go batches for a fast-labeling turnaround, or assist in the preparation process and come back to hold your own bottling party. Choose from Water 2 Wine's Selection & International series, or upgrade to the Estate or Crush series for $45 or $70 more, respectively. Experts are on hand to help determine your interests and guide the process. If you opt for getting involved with the wine prep, you’ll have to play the waiting game (45 days to six months) before the bottling party. When your batch is ready, you’ll come back to customize the label. Choose from existing templates or email your photo or artwork in JPEG format along with verbiage to design your own.
This Groupon is perfect for special occasions, like bdays, weddings, and impromptu enunciation contests, for self-promotion, or for people who waste hours debating the prettiest label in the wine store. Bring along friends and relive your childhood tea-party memories, except instead of drinking tea, you'll be creating customized wine labels.
Yelpers give Water 2 Wine in Austin 4.5 stars, and Insider Pagers give it five stars. People are too busy drinking their wine to sound off about the Round Rock location, but here's what some folks had to say about the South location:
- Our first batch of wine was with intent to surprise my sister. She was throwing a theme party so being able to create her own label was perfect! We had the best time through-out the entire process. – Gold69, Insider Pages
- The comments from our friends has been rewarding in how clever they think we are. – Poefolks, Insider Pages
- I didn't even think I liked wine! After visiting with the owners for a bit, we both tried a few of their wines and were just blown away. The taste, the price, the atmosphere.....we walked out with 3 bottles and have gone back religiously ever since. – SuperStylez, Insider Pages
Play the Waiting Game for Keeps
After you customize your wine, you’ll have to play America’s third most popular game after football and state lotteries: the waiting game. If you’re driven by the spirit of competition, here are some tips to help you play the waiting game for keeps:
- Wait actively, not passively, by learning to play a musical instrument or by blaming maps for Colorado’s placement.
- A board game such as Clue or Monopoly can make a wait go faster, but participating in a real life Clue or Monopoly is more exciting.
- Read a long book such as Ulysses or the Southwestern Medical Alliance Senior’s Guide to Understanding Your Benefits.
- Remember that no matter what you’re waiting for, the groundhogs of the American plain sometimes wait up to seven years before breaking eye contact.
- Sit in the shadows. Reduce your breaths. Inhabit silence. Become “waiting.”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 3, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, 1 additional as gift. By appointment only. Not valid with other offers. Tax not included. Valid at Round Rock location only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.