For $23, today's side deal gets theatre lovers a ticket to one of three Welk Resort Theatre performances (up to a $57 value). Showcasing Broadway musicals and variety shows, The Welk Resort Theatre is one of San Diego's premier stages at which to sop up theatre culture. You can use your Groupon to attend any one of the following shows:
- Music, Memories, and Laughter (up to a $47 value) runs October 28 through November 14 and highlights the baritone pipes of handsome all-American singer and longtime Lawrence Welk Show star Tom Netherton.
- It's a Wonderful Life (up to a $57 value), an innovative stage spinoff of the 1947 Frank Capra film, runs November 18 to January 2, 2011.
- Big Band Christmas (up to a $57 value) runs November 18 to January 2, 2011, and features four singers and a ten-piece band crooning through classic WWII-era Christmas songs.
The intimate 339-seat stadium-style theatre ensures that each audience member has a clear sightline of the stage and is close enough to hear all songs and dialogue. With matinees for select shows on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and weekends, and select evening shows on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, show-goers can find a performance and time to fit their taste and schedule.
Mention your Groupon when calling for reservations. While the Welk Resort Theatre website offers two free show tickets, these involve listening to a time-share presentation.
Three TripAdvisors give the Welk Resort Theatre an average of four owl eyes:
- no huge tip or ticket scalping needed to get a seat where you can see, venue small enough to watch and hear everything. – smarteconomist
- My wife and I have been to many performing arts venues all around the country. The performances we have seen at the Welk are as high quality as we have seen anywhere. – jwillie44
Welk Resorts San Diego Fountains Golf Course
Presented with 600 acres of verdant pasture to sculpt into an executive course, golf-course architect David Rainville dreamt up 18 Bermuda grass fairways adorned with colorful flowerbeds, four ponds strewn into play, and sand bunkers of various sizes and difficulties. In the three decades since Rainville’s vision became reality, the course’s trees have flourished on all of the eight par 4s and 10 par 3s. The well-manicured course has been ranked in the top 10 courses in San Diego, inviting golfers of all stripes to experience the verdant playground and perhaps occasional sightings of caddies that graze on the short grass. While swinging through the course, men and women are asked to wear collared shirts, protecting them from neck sunburns, informality, and vampire flagsticks.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 62 course
- Length of 3,968 yards
- Course rating of 58.9
- Slope rating of 102
- Course layout
8860 Lawrence Welk Dr.
Escondido, California 92026Get Directions