$223 for a private wine and cheese tasting with a sommelier from West Coast Wine Education (a $470.40 value).
- West Coast Wine Education is committed to making wine accessible and fun with classes, clubs, events, and private tastings
- With a 90-minute private wine event ($470.40), a sommelier with educate you and 4–12 guests on the intricacies of wine making and tasting
- In your home or office, a sommelier will present four wines for tasting, and four accompanying gourmet cheeses
- Tastings begin at 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 7 p.m.
- Available for those in Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, New Westminster, Burnaby, Tri-Cities (Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam and Port Moody), and the Fraser Valley Area up to and including Abbotsford
- Lower Mainland cities outside of this services area accrue an additional $30 flat fee for travel, which is not included in this package
- Private wine tasting is subject to availability
West Coast Wine’s expert and sommelier John Gerum has been featured in Look magazine, the Seattle Times, The Province, and the Vancouver Courier. They also provide testimonials on their website: > * I can’t wait to experiment now and, thanks to you, I have overcome the intimidation of all of the different varietals that are out there. – Jane W., testimonial > * …The course was great fun and I learned more than what I was expecting. I appreciate the way you teach…very informative, interesting and just great! – Walter B., testimonial
West Coast Wine Education
What's proper etiquette for the queen's sommelier? West Coast Wine Education's John Gerum confronted this question head on when he served Queen Elizabeth II. Apparently he made the right choice, as he went on to pour wine for prime ministers, presidents, provincial premiers, and cultural icons during his 20-year career. Gerum's achievement distills three generations of fine-dining experience that was passed down from his father, a chef, and his grandfather, a maitre d'. Wine education was always his passion, so when starting out, he sought personal instruction from the master sommelier Andrew Laliberté and demonstrated a palate refined enough to earn him membership and certification from the International Sommelier Guild. Gerum often merges his know-how with other wine educators to cultivate a roster of classes and hone their delivery. These experts join in delineating scotch terroir and describing the bouquet of a student's favourite pinot-stained shirt with an easy professionalism that has enthralled groups of up to 300 people. They share their expertise with casual drinkers and professionals during two-hour workshops, in consultation for store openings and events, and through appearances on Global TV.