What You'll Get
Summer camp provides kids with lasting memories, adventures in the great outdoors, and the hard-earned ability to take instruction from an adult wearing shorts. Redefine authority with this Groupon.
Choose from Eight Options
- $25 for Ecosystem Camp for grades 2–5, July 10–13 (a $50 value)
- $25 for Science, Laboratories and Explorations Camp for grades 4–7, July 17–20 (a $50 value)
- $25 for Rocket Camp for grades 5–12, July 24–27 (a $50 value)
- $25 for Plants and Animals Safari for grades 1–5, July 31–August 3 (a $50 value)
- $10 for Michigan's Amazing Animals preschool camp, July 9–13 (a $20 value)
- $10 for Roots, Shoots and Fruits preschool camp, July 16–20 (a $20 value)
- $10 for Little Scientists preschool camp, July 23–27 (a $20 value)
- $10 for Nature Nuts! preschool camp, July 30–August 3 (a $20 value)
The youth camps and preschool camps each run for one week in July. During the various camps, students can learn about the local ecosystem and native wildlife, or create their own rocket and launch it into the sky. The preschool camps immerse young children in nature, teaching them about many elements of the natural world, such as small woodland creatures, reptiles, insects, wildflowers, and fossils.
About West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science promotes creativity, responsibility, and academic achievement through the comprehensive study of science. Lessons are tailored for students in preschool through 12th grade, grounded in the hard sciences, and supported by a hands-on learning environment. The 62-acre campus maintains farmland, nature trails, wetlands, and forests as outdoor classrooms where students can explore during weekly environmental-science labs. Differentiated instruction allows students to grow in a diverse setting; one lesson asks that they build arbors from spare branches, and the next dictates that they write reports on handmade paper from the previous week's lab. All the while, the school's character-education programs build self-awareness and self-esteem. In addition to regular lessons, the academy offers science fairs to showcase kids' skills and summer camps to keep the fires of learning ablaze—like the traditional end-of-year burning of the times-table tests—in the off season.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Online registration required by 6/25/12. Classes must be used by same person. Must sign waiver Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.