All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 4, 2013
Reviewed July 27, 2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013
What You'll Get
Summer camp provides kids with lasting memories, adventures in the great outdoors, and the hard-earned ability to take instruction from an adult wearing shorts. Redefine authority with this Groupon.
Choose from Nine Options
- $37.50 for Rocket Camp for grades 5–12, June 24–27 (a $75 value)
- $15 for Ecosystem Adventures Camp for grades 2–5, July 8–11 (a $30 value)
- $25 for Wild Michigan Camp for grades 2–6, July 22–25 (a $50 value)
- $25 for Physical Science Camp for grades 4–8, July 22–25 (a $50 value)
- $25 for Science Trek Camp for grades 1–5, July 29–August 1 (a $50 value)
- $37.50 for Advanced Rocketeering Camp for grades 8–12, July 29–August 1 (a $75 value)
- $12.50 for Amazing Animals preschool camp, June 25–28 (a $25 value)
- $12.50 for Nature Nuts preschool camp, July 9–12 (a $25 value)
- $12.50 for Littlest Scientists preschool camp, July 16–19 (a $25 value)
The youth camps and preschool camps each run for one week. During the various camps, students can learn about the local ecosystem and native wildlife or create their own rockets and launch them into the sky. The preschool camps immerse young children in nature, teaching them about many elements of the natural world, such as small woodland creatures, reptiles, insects, wildflowers, and fossils.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 5 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Online registration required at least 1 week prior to camp start date. Valid only for grade levels listed in option purchased; must be 5 or younger for preschool camps, no exceptions. Must sign waiver. All days must be attended by the same child. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science
West Michigan Academy of Environmental Science promotes creativity, responsibility, and academic achievement through the comprehensive study of science. Lessons are tailored for students in preschool through 12th grade, grounded in the hard sciences, and supported by a hands-on learning environment. The 62-acre campus maintains farmland, nature trails, wetlands, and forests as outdoor classrooms where students can explore during weekly environmental-science labs. Differentiated instruction allows students to grow in a diverse setting; one lesson asks that they build arbors from spare branches, and the next dictates that they write reports on handmade paper from the previous week's lab. All the while, the school's character-education programs build self-awareness and self-esteem. In addition to regular lessons, the academy offers science fairs to showcase kids' skills and summer camps to keep the fires of learning ablaze—like the traditional end-of-year burning of the times-table tests—in the off season.